Zach: Imaginary friend

(Y/n) = your name
(Y/l/n) = your last name
(S/n) = sisters name
——————————————————

You smiled as Reese began to talk about her older brother Zach and his band, she really looks up to him.

"And mommy said Zach would be back home soon from L.A and you can meet him," she said looking up at you.

"Wow, well I know so much about him now don't I," you smiled as Reese ran to the table where her mom had called her for dinner. She grabbed you by the hand and then the smile began to fade, you weren't real.

And that's putting it lightly.

You died after running out into the road to push your little sister, (s/n) out of the way of a car. You took the hit and died upon impact, but once you died you were neither good enough for heaven or bad enough for hell. Therefore making you an imaginary friend. You ended up being placed with Reese Herron, Zach Herron's younger sister.

You followed Reese to the dining room where Ryan and both her parents already were, she sat down next to an empty plate with cutlery set around it and an empty glass. You sat yourself next to her and listened as she chatted away to you and her family while munching down her food. Halfway through the meal the doorbell rang and Reese jumped up singing Zach's name as the rest of the family got up to also greet their son and brother.

You leaned against the door frame and watched the family greet each other with hugs and kisses and hair ruffles, you sighed. This could have been you and your family instead of someone else's.

You took this opportunity to take a proper look at Zach, yeah you'd seen pictures around the house but none did justice from the real thing. His brown eyes were bright with happiness and his hair was pushed up in what probably was a quiff before Ryan messed it up. His clothes were all black and his neck had some sort of necklace or dog tag hanging from it, his shoes were white and his cheeks were rosy.

"Zachy Zachy come meet (y/n)!" Reese shrieked running towards you, Zach laughed and followed his younger sister to where you stood. You knew he couldn't see you and you saw the rest of the family behind getting Zach's stuff ready and watching.

Reese folded her arms across her chest and Zach took that as the hint to introduce himself, he bent down to Reeses height but Reese only scolded him to go back up to the way he was standing. Zach turned to face you a look of shock coming over his beautiful features, he hid his surprise easily and put on a smile holding out his hand for you to shake.

"Well hello (y/n) I'm Zach, Zach Herron,"

You decided you would introduce yourself too, just in case that look of shock was the look of shock you hoped it was.

"(Y/n), (y/n) (y/l/n)," you responded with and you reached out for his hand, he moved his considering you couldn't actually touch him, but you noticed his smile grew wider when you spoke to him. Reese grinned from ear to ear as the rest of the family and her went on to finish dinner.

"So (y/n), I had an imaginary friend too ya know," Zach said causing you to smirk. Zach continues anyway "and I don't really know if this is a rude question or not but how did you die?"

You smiled weakly and explained your story of death to him and he smiled at the end even though you were close to tears.

"I think Reese is lucky to have you as her imaginary friend while I'm away, I'm lucky to know you're her imaginary friend," he smiled and you smiled back at him as he walked to the dining room to have dinner with the rest of the Herron family.

You smiled yet again at the thought that Zach could see you as well as Reese.

A/n
Was this good? Bad? It's my first time writing like this so sorry if it's bad but over looking and reading it again myself I think it's pretty decent for my first try. See you soon!
~Evelyn 🌸✨