1. U.A. High School

<Shouto's POV>

Todoroki Kasui.

That is the name of my twin younger brother.

It's ironic how both of our names in some way represent our own quirks.

My quirk, Half Cold Half Hot, allows me to form ice with my right side and fire with my left side. Kasui's quirk, Burn Drip, is partially like mine. We both have the flames inherited from that damned father, but instead of my ice, he can use water. Also, his fire quirk is on his right side, not the left like me. That water part of his quirk was strange because mom has an ice quirk so we asked her. She told us that the first of her ancestors that had a quirk had Kasui's quirk, so that could've been where the water part came from.

Since our quirks were stronger than the quirks of our older siblings, father wanted us to train and surpass him, to take All Might's spot of number one hero.

Training, training, training! He doesn't even let us be like kids our age, to play. The only time the we can relax was when mom was with us. Other times, we can only rely on each other.

But even the time with mom did not last.

One time, we both wanted to talk to mom and be with her. So we went to the kitchen where mom was. There, we heard her on the phone talking to grandma about how Kasui's right side and my left side was unsightly. When we tried calling out to mom quietly, she heard us and in the next moment, the boiling water from the pot behind mom ended up on my face on the left and Kasui on the right side face.

When we asked where mom was later on, father just said that he put her in the hospital for hurting us.

We never had the courage to face mom again.

________________________________

"Shouto! Kasui! I have got you both into U.A. through recommendations. You better become a strong hero and surpass me, surpass All Might!"

"Oyaji, we won't do as you say, but we will become a hero."

"One day, you will come to accept my power. And when that happens, you both will start on the path I have set."

I finished wearing my shoes and stand up, facing Kasui.

"Shouto, let's go."

"Yeah."

~At U.A.~

"Shouto, we're apparently in the same class. Umm, 1-A of the hero course."

"Is that so? Then stop."

I pulled on Kasui's shirt collar from the back and prevented his bumping into the door of our new classroom.

"Thanks."

Walking into the classroom, it is revealed that some of the people in our class already arrived. Having no reason to get acquainted right away with the people in the class, Kasui and I just sat down at a random seat in the back.

As time passed, more students came in the classroom and the noise volume in the room grew along with it.

A big fuss was at the door and I looked up. A guy called Midoriya Izuku got held by that Iida guy, talking about something more to the practical exam... not that I cared because I didn't take it. Another student came and talked to Midoriya and then they freaked about something behind them.