Prologue

**To avoid confusion, a note: This is the sequel to the first book in the Hero Series, Catching the Hero. **

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. N.L. PETIT 2019.

Prologue

        The first thing I noticed was the blinding white light. 

        It was the only thing I remember, honestly, and it wasn't much. It coaxed me into opening my eyes, and I gazed around me in wonder, mind completely blank. How had I even gotten here?

        The field around me seemed to stretch for miles in any direction. The grass was a few feet overgrown and an off-white color, but what really caught my attention was the clarity I saw it with. It was so clear and defined, as if it were on a high-tech screen. It almost hurt to look at anything but my hands. Which, I realized, were exceptionally pale. 

        I reached my hand up automatically and touched my red hair, feeling the horrible tangles catching my fingers. I winced, knowing exactly how difficult it would be to fix its state when I got home, if I ever found my way out of this endless field. 

        Of course, sitting here wouldn't actually help anything, so I pushed myself to my feet and brushed my hands over myself. Oddly, I was still in my suit, the red spandex fabric looking almost... charred? Perhaps it was simply dirty, but I thought I smelled slightly of smoke and ash. And blood. My head pounded as I tried to remember something -- anything --, but the more I tried, the more lost I felt. 

        Well, I guessed the first step to figuring it all out was to go home. 

        So I walked along, head held high, and hoped I was heading in the right direction.

COPYRIGHT

This story, 'Return of the Hero', including all chapters, prologues/epilogues and associated chapters (i.e. fanfics, teasers and contents within blogs, social networks and eReaders) is copyrighted under the Copyright, Design and Patent Act 1988. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of this work (N.L.Petit) and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright law. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

Punishment includes but is not limited to: A fine up to $150,000 for each work infringement. Infringer pays for all attorney's fees and court costs. The Court can issue an injunction to stop the infringement acts. The court can compound the illegal works. Infringer can go to jail.