Weapon of Good and Evil

Start from the beginning

"Don't say that word, Aaron," I warn, looking around, fear rising in me. "That word gives them power. Don't say it, and they won't be drawn to you." Aaron looks at me, understanding dawning in his eyes. My stomach twists as he says,"How do you know that? Were you-" "I dropped in on one, yes. Now, let's please move away from this cell. It's creeping me the fuck out," I interrupt, clicking the button on the EVP recorder as I move away towards the end of the cell block.

I hear Aaron follow me, and stop near the camera that's shooting down the cell block. Gesturing Aaron closer, I press the rewind button, and close my eyes as I listen. Suddenly, I hear a voice, dark and sinister. I pause the recorder, and look at Aaron in horror. I press replay, and listen closer. The words hit me as I listen to the voice again, and I gasp.

"Aaron," I say, fear tinging my words. He says, in a voice as hollow as I was feeling,"Yeah, I know. I hear it too." I hold the recorder closer to the camera, and press play again. "Traitors in our midst," seems to echo in my ears, right after my telling Aaron that I felt claws on my neck. I press onward, listening to the rest of the audio, and catch another voice, this one undiscernable to me, right after I say I dropped into one. I play it again, but the words are no clearer to me. I look at Aaron, and see him shaking his head in the IR light from my camera.

"Alright then. Saira, you go to the right this time, go into a cell, do an EVP. I'm gonna sit in one of the left-side cells with the Ovilus. Okay?" I nod, moving away towards one the unlocked cells. I sit down on the narrow cot, holding my recorder out before me. I hear Aaron shuffle off to one of the other cells, then click on. I sit in silence for a few seconds, then ask,"What are you?... Why are you still in this prison?... Can you tell me who does the satanic rituals here?... Who laughed at us?..." I click rewind, and listen to the recording. When no voices or other unexplained sounds reach my ears, I click on again and ask more questions.

My words greet me thrice more. But, on the fourth run, I hear Aaron in another cell say,"The Ovilus just said female, Saira! Now it says harm! Oh wait, now it says record! Saira, get out of that cell! I think they're going to hurt you in some way!" As quick as I can, I scramble off the cot and out the door. I see a black shadow cross the wall, entering the cell I had just vacated. I yelp, and run, turning as I hear Aaron leave his cell. I press myself to the wall, trying to calm my racing heart.

"Shadow. A shadow just entered the cell I was in. It wasn't caused by me, I swear. It was huge, and almost completely black, I could barely see the wall behind it. I saw it with my own eyes, Aaron," I muttered as Aaron kneels in front of me, where I sank to the floor. Aaron tries to calm me down, saying,"That's what this cell block is famous for, Saira. Apparitions and shadows. Calm down, calm down. I know it's scary, trust me. With all the places Zak's sent me to, alone, over the years? I've been plenty freaked in the past sixteen years of my life."

I laugh despite myself. I see Aaron smile, then hear something that chills my blood: a growl, coming from right next to us. I leap to the side, away from the growl, and see a flash of scarlet eyes, and hear the distinct sound of paws hitting the stone floor. I swing my camera up to catch the sight of the wolf or dog, but the green-tinted screen shows nothing. And we have a clear view of the entire cell block, the catwalks, and all the cells.

Aaron and my's heads whip around as we hear a cell door open. On my camera's screen, I see the door to cell 666, previously closed by Aaron, hanging wide open like a mouth about to devour us. I shiver as cold breeze wafts over me, and I look over at Aaron. His face is paper white, and he looks over at me slowly, fear making his eyes grow wide.

I stand, and slowly walk towards the cell. The overwhelming smell of decay and blood almost makes me turn around and run, but my pride and determination overwhelm my fear. I hold out a trembling hand to the cell, and see two glowing, bloodred eyes stare back at me from a dark mass standing over the sacrifices.