I catch her eyeing Aragorn across the room and have to keep myself from telling her about his true love Arwen. Aragorn needs to be the one to turn her down as I know he's seen her affections toward him. Another song starts, this one a bit slower and more men come onto the floor, most of them drunk, as they dance with eligible maidens. I feel a warm hand on my shoulder and turn around to see Legolas. Éowyn grins at us before walking away. I just shake my head at him but can't help but blush. He bows and holds out a hand.

"May I have this dance nin mel?" he asks.

I curtsey and just laugh as he puts an arm around my waist and his hand in mine, myself doing the same. He leads us into a very different dance than the others around us and I instantly recognize it for Arwen used me as a dancing partner once to practice the same moves so she had the Elven dance down perfectly to be able to dance with Aragorn at an upcoming banquet. Due to that, my muscles remember the moves and for once I don't falter.

"So you know this dance?" Legolas asks.

"I was raised by Elves you know," I say with a smirk.

We move around in a larger circle, people pushing back to give us more room. I can feel eyes on us but all I focus on is Legolas. He twirls me before spinning me back into his arms, he as graceful and sure of himself as when he is in a fight. I giggle the entire time as we change moves and I am twirled around more, my head spinning in joy. Then we end the dance by moving back to stand against each other still arm in arm and breathless. Cheers and clapping sounds and I look around in startlement, not realizing we drew such a crowd. I am out of breath as we make room for others and head off the dance floor. I take comfort in Legolas's arm around me as he places a kiss on my head.

"Legolas!"

"Oh no," Legolas mutters, yet he keeps smiling and leads us over to Gimli.

"Come, come," Gimli says and gestures for the Elf to stand next to him at a table.

Éomer stands next to a cask with his drunk men surrounding us. Éomer pours out ale into two tankards and hands them to Legolas and Gimli. Legolas takes it hesitantly, wondering what this is about. Éomer gives me a look before I understand.

"No pauses. No spills," he instructs.

"And no regurgitation," Gimli adds and eagerly grabs his mug.

"So it's a drinking game?" Legolas asks.

"Ai!" sounds from the men around.

"Last one standing wins!" Gimli shouts.

Legolas looks at the liquid in his tankard, uncertainty on his face. He looks around the men, then at Éomer, and then at me. I cover my mouth with laughter, wanting to seem like I'm supporting him, but all I can focus on is the look on his face. Gimli eagerly begins and chugs down the ale while Legolas still observes the drink, beginning to smell it as he takes it in.

This should be interesting.

Beer spills onto the Dwarf's beard as he goes for another drink. Legolas slowly moves the drink to his lips, eyeing me as he slowly sips at it, a look of disgust crossing his features at the taste. Soon the table is littered with mugs, both guys going at it. I can already tell who the winner will be as Gimli gulps it down while Legolas takes his time. Legolas and Gimli set theirs down at the same time and Éomer moves to hand them another one. I lean against the cask with him.

"Can you see either one starting to lag?" Éomer whispers to me.

"Nope," I answer.

"Here, here. It's the Dwarves that go swimming with little, hairy women," Gimli belches and shakes with laughter.