Flipping the script

(Next day)

Today was the big day: the day to see if what I did worked. I knocked on Sayori's house door, her mom let me in and I walked up to her bedroom.

"Okay. If this worked, Sayori should be asleep in her bed and not hanging by her neck from the ceiling." I thought to myself. I slowly opened the door to see...Oh my god.

"Oh hey Taro! I was wondering what was taking so long!" Sayori said, cleaning her room. She was wearing the same thing she would have if she... don't think about it.

Don't think about it

Don't think about it. She's okay. Everything's fine. I walked up to her, wrapping my arms around her, twiddling with her bow.

"You know, you're so cute, it should be illegal." I said. She had a pouty look on her face.

"MEANIE! Cute, adorable, completely perfect meanie..." she trailed off as we kissed again. We separated as I stare into her sky blue eyes. I ran my fingers through her coral pink hair.

"So, you excited for the festival? Just the thought of being with you makes it worth it for me." She squealed, hopping up and down. I picked her up bridal style and carried her out of her house, putting her down on the sidewalk outside. We had a few hours until the festival, which was like an outdoor dance, so we decided to have some fun beforehand. We decided to go to lunch first. Remembering a place that looked good, I walked with her to town and into the restaurant, hand in hand all the way. The place was Italian, so we got some pizza, half with bacon and the other half Hawaiian. We started talking while eating the pizza.

"So, what made you decide to clean your room this morning?" I asked. She chuckled.

"Well since yesterday, I feel so much better! I guess I love you that much!" She said. I looked at her with content. She held my hand as we paid our bill and began to walk out. After we left, we traveled to the park and had some time together, just enjoying each others company. I bought a towel from the store and laid it on the ground. Sayori and I laid down, watching the sky. I laid my arm down as she used it as a pillow. She grabbed my hand and held it tight. I looked at my beautiful girlfriend, but her eyes flashed hollowly and her fingers were covered in blood. I sat up screaming, Sayori sitting up to comfort me.

"Taro, what's wrong!?" Sayori asked, fear in her voice. I held my head. I knew what was happening here.

"We need to find Monika." I said. It's time to end this before she screws this up for everyone.

(At Monika's house)

I pounded on the door as Monika answered.

"Oh! Hey guys! What brings you here?" She asked. Then she looked down, seeing our hands interlocked.

"Are... you two... dating?" She asked, starting to glitch. We nodded. Monika snapped, wrapping us up in red wires. She lifted us up in the air.

"NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE YOU BUT ME! NOBODY!" She screamed, wrapping wires around Sayori's neck.

"Monika stop!" I yelled and she released the wires around Sayori's throat.

"If you really love me, then you'll let me be happy. Let us go! Please!" I pleaded. Monika released me as I fell to the ground. She walked up to me, walking her fingers up my arm and shoulder.

"You don't need her. You only need me. Just Monika. Just Monika." She repeated this several times over. I looked at her.

"Alright, I'll make you a deal: you delete the file with the most problems without looking at the name, I'll date you." I said. Sayori gasped.

"Deal!" Monika said, pulling up the file list and searching through it to find the file.

"Let's see... 1,052... 512....69... Ooh, here we go! 10,941! And delete!" She said, deleting the file.

She then slowly started to disappear in a mess of pixels and glitches. The plan worked perfectly.

"What did you do to me!?" Monika asked, her voice distorting.

"I put tons of corrupted and broken scripts into your file, tricking you into deleting yourself! Now you can't make everyone miserable anymore!" I yelled, catching Sayori as she dropped.

"What are you talking about?" Sayori asked. I put her down, beginning to explain.

"Monika is a virus, something that can manipulate everyone into feeling things they don't want to! She increased your depression to insane levels! But when we started dating yesterday, she lost control of you! The only way for this world to be safe is to get rid of her!" I said, Sayori looking at me with a blank expression of confusion on her face.

"It doesn't matter! She'll be just like me when I'm gone!" Monika said.

"Nope. I set up a gateway to the real world for me, Sayori, Yuri, and Natsuki. Once we get out, we'll delete the game, erasing you forever!" I said, as Sayori and I disappeared and reappeared into the real world along with Yuri and Natsuki. After we all made it through the computer, I deleted Doki Doki Literature club and Monika forever. I sighed a sigh of relief. Monika was gone. I turned around to see Sayori looking at me, a happy look on her face.

"So we were in a game this whole time?" Sayori asked. I nodded and explained Monika would've forced her to hang herself in her bedroom. She grabbed her head, sitting on my bed.

"Taro, you saved me. I can't thank you enough." She said. I sat down next to her.

"My name's not Taro. Taro's my player name." My real name Is Jack." I told her. She leaned over and hugged me.

"It doesn't matter what your name is. I still love you, because you gave me the time of day. Everything I said in the game still applies to us here. I still want to be with you forever. I love you Jack..." She said. I pulled her in and kissed her again. She relaxed and melted into the kiss, her lips so soft and gentle.

"No more depression?" I asked. She shook her head.

"No more depression." She said. I put my hand on hers, Sayori blushing at this gesture.

"I'm glad your real now. I can actually touch you now, and we can be together for as long as we live. I love you Sayori." I said, pulling her in for a hug, before we went to sleep.