Imagine for @Robbie-and-Peter

Start from the beginning

"Then if he comes here, we can make things clear."

"It may be too late."

"I refuse to believe that. You're not the purest of heart, but you're not evil, Peter."

"Giving up my son seems pretty evil."

"Stop it, Peter. I will not let you talk so lowly of yourself." He looked at me for a second and almost spoke, but seemed to decide against it. Instead he sighed and continued walking.

"Come on. The lagoon is just ahead."

Mermaid Lagoon had never ceased to amaze me. It was brilliant and beautiful, but terrifying and ominous all at once. The mermaids had long ago ceased to attack Lost Boys, instead trading with us. We'd give them land objects, different foods or trinkets they couldn't get in their ocean home, while giving us the same kinds of things from their home.

"Silvermist!", Pan yelled. A ripple in the water appeared, warning us of the approaching mermaid. Her head popped over the surface. Black hair, blue eyes, a smile whiter than clouds.

"Peter. Nice to see you again."

"I'm not here for pleasantries, mermaid. Here's your bag." Silvermist slowly swam closer to the land, pulling a bag up and placing it on the ground. Pan gave her the bag he held in return. "And as always,"

"If a trade is unfair, we discuss, not declare war."

"Don't need any more trouble on the island that what we already have."

"Hm." Silvermist stared at me, looking me up and down. "Star."

"Silvermist."

"It's been awhile. How are things?"

"Don't pretend to be friendly. You don't like me, I don't like you. I'm here by Pan's invitation and nothing more."

"Enough, Star. Let's go. We're finished here." Pan grabbed my hand, butterflies returning to my stomach. He pulled me away from the lagoon, not able to get me out of Silvermist's sight before I was able to flip her off. "I still don't understand what your deal is with her."

"She just. . . gets on my nerves."

"Why?"

"She tries too hard."

"Tries too hard? Tries to do what?" I didn't answer, opting to stay quiet before I let anything slip.

Let it slip? I was acting childish. I did not live in a cliche sappy romance novel. I would not play the part of the lovesick teenager too afraid of her own emotions.

"Tries to hard to get to you."

"Meaning?"

"Don't tell me you're that oblivious. Every time you go to trade, she flirts with you. Even Felix knows! That's why he got over her I think."

"She didn't flirt today. Unless I missed something."

"She didn't because not only did you not give her the chance to, but I was there."

"Why does that matter so much to you that you have to have some rivalry against her."

"I'm your partner. I know everything about you. I know your deepest, most personal secrets. Not her. She may have a crush, but I've been in love with you since I arrived." I hadn't meant to say it so casually, but why not? The two of us have never had secrets between each other.

"You what?"

"You heard me, Pan. I know you did."

"Well, I can't have heard correctly, because I heard you're in love with me."

"You heard correctly, then."

"I hope you're joking." I froze.

"And if I'm not?"

"You are."

"Pan, I'm not-"

"You can't love me!"

"Why!? You saved me from the hell I lived in! You gave me a purpose! You are my best friend!"

"We drop the subject. Now."

"But-"

"Listen to me carefully.", Peter said, walking closer to me in such a threatening manner, I actually backed myself up against the tree. "No love. Nobody can love me. Not you, Felix, the Lost Boys, or anyone else!"

"Peter, I...I can't help it. You understand me in ways no one else does. Besides, what is so wrong about someone loving you?"

"I have told you a thousand times. I'm a demon. A demon can't love. And I won't." It all happened quickly. My heart was broken so quickly I hadn't felt it at first. But as he walked away, the hurting began. I fell in love with a monster. And I wouldn't regret anything more.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A day late. I'm sorry. I hope you like it though. I may do some editing later because I'm not confident I pulled this off well. Anyway, hope you like it.