Chapter 17

I jolt up when someone yells from downstairs,"Get the liquors out boys. We are having a girl." The house is filled with cheers.
  I lay back in bed, wanting to sleep some more, the baby seems to be sucking the energy out of me. I lay there for a few minutes when I hear the door open an shut quietly.
  I look at the door an see Joey's shadow walking towards me on the bed. He sits on the edge of the bed an brush the hair out of my face with his hand," I am aanasshole. I don't deserve you or our daughter. I knew when I saw you that the baby was mine. I just, I don't know. I just know that I love you so god damn much an the baby that is growing inside of you. I am so sorry I left and you had to take all this on by yourself. I just had to do some stuff to make sure you were safe." He declares
  I wipe the tears away from my eyes," Where have you been?"  I ask
  Joey presses me back into the bed, removing the pillows beside me and spoons me, resting his head on my tummy. " You were cut once because of being with me an not two days later you were shot. I needed to get rid of the thing that was hurting you. I thought I was the one hurtimg you. I left to protect you. I also had to hurt the people that hurt you
  It was three weeks when Lucas left a message saying I should come home. I didn't, I decided that I had to get rid of the people that hurt you. It took me so long. I came to the house expecting you to still be living here an I find the place dectorated out in blue an purple. Then I saw you pregnant and all the brothers around you, celebrating something that I should have been there with you for.  I missed out on six months of her life. I am already bad dad."
  I grab the hand on my stomach an intertwine our fingers. I go to kiss the back of his hand when I notice his knuckles are split.
  "First; you are an amazing father, an asshole at times but an amazing father. Second;What happened to your knuckles?" I ask kissing his fingers.
   He looks at mean smiles," I wasn't letting someone else get any of your brownies. I had to get the information somehow. I sort of beat the shit out of one of the prospects that knew a lot."
  I smile an take my other hand an run it through his hair. We lay in bed for a while when Joey jumps up," She kicked me!" he exclaims.  I smile an rub my stomach from where she kicked me," She wants more room an my bladder is full." I grumble an sit up.
  Joey stands up an helps me off the bed. I stand an stretch. I walk quickly to the bathroom an use it washing my hands afterwards.
  Joey is waiting outside the door,  helpping me down the stairs afterwards. The whole house is in party mode, with drinks being passed around and all sorts of lucid activities. Lucas is breaking up a fight. I walk to the kitchen an grab a yogurt cup out . I eat it while Joey grabs a beer and sits down, and begins to rubs circles in my lower back. I moan an take another bite of my yogurt.
  Lucas walks into the kitxhen an smiles at us. He grabs a beer an stands at the counter," Baby get hungry?" He cheekily asks.
  " Baby wants chips, but they aren't allowed in the house anymore, fucking rules." I grumble a finish off my yogurt.
  Joey looks at Lucas confused," No more mass buying of junk food. You can have your own privacy but hide it from her. That is all she craves, we will not give in, the baby needs nutrients not processed foods."  Lucas explains
  I cross my arms an glare at him," Indulging once in a while will not hurt anyone." I state.
  Joey chuckles an stands up. I hop down an he looks at me," Head up to the room."
  I feel my heart stop. I shake  my head," No, not without you." I say an rub my tummy. The baby was really moving.
  Joey walks to mean wraps his arms around me," I am just going to run to the store. I was going to get you some chips, it is what the baby and you want." He says, kissing my forehead.
  I wrap my arms around him," I just want to go back to sleep. The chips can wait until tomorrow. Please, Joey, just come upstairs and sleep. I am exhausted." I beg laying my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.
  THUMP
    THUMP
      THUMP
         THUMP
   " Come on, let's get the two of you to bed." He says.
  He walks behind me when we go upstairs. He opens the door for me an pulls back the covers. He makes sure I am comfortable, tucking me in before he walks to the other side of the bed quickly taking off his jacket an pants, leaving him in his underwear, he crawls underneath the covers next to me, being the big spoon. He sets his hand on my stomach and begins to rubing small circles.
  "What do you want her name to be?" I ask with my eyes closed. His hand soothing both of us. He is quiet for a while I think he is asleep.
  " I really don't care what her name is. I just want  you both well after you give birth to her. I don't care if we name her Agatha. I just want both my girls to be healthy at the end of the day." He says. He pulls the covers up on me more securely.
  I rub my hand up an down his arm, my hand following the motion his hand is making on my stomach, he moans," Go to sleep, Babydoll." He whispers.
  I shake my head no,"The last time we cuddled I woke up with you gone. I don't think I can wake up with you gone again" I say.
  He props himself on his arm, I turn around and look at him." That was the biggest mistake I  ever made. I promise if you go to sleep with me that night you will wake up with me the next morning. I promise you an the baby right now, I will never leave either one of you ever again. I love both of you."
  He leans down an kisses me,"Now sleep, baby, both of you."
  I kiss his him back, wiping my tears an go to sleep.

  The door bangs open to our room. Joey presses me into the bed an pointing a gun at the intruder. I feel my heart quicken," What the fuck, Reap? I just brought food to feed Momma an the baby." Klein says. He is holding a tray of food. I know that it would be wheat bites with a banana. Joey leans back to his side of the bed an I huff.
  Joey looks at me while Klein sets the tray on my lap. I glare down at the food, poking at it with my fork.
  "Klein take the tray away. I am taking her to breakfast." Joey says.   I smile as Klein takes the tray away.
  " Don't let her eat too much junk. She may be craving greasy foods but that baby needs healthy choices" Klein orders, taking the tray out.
  I lean over an kiss Joey," Thank God, they have been feeding me shit. You know that I can't even put salt on my food"
  Joey smiles an pecks my lips," We are going to have to stop cursing." He says. I look at him confused," I don't want her first word to be 'Fuck'," He states.
  I smirk," What about Daddy?"
  He looks at me lustfully," Babydoll, don't tempt me. Let's get you up an quickly dressed. The baby must be hungry for something bad for you." He pecks my lips and stand-up. I roll on my side an sit up on the bed. Joey grabs my hand an pulls me up.
  Joey helps me get dressed. He chose out leggings and one of his shirts. He kneels down and slips on my flats for me
  He walks me downstairs an all the guys smile at me. Joey walks up to Lucas in the kitchen, who is standing at the counter.
  Lucas smiles at me," Hey, Momma, hear Reap is taking you out for breakfast."
I nod my head as I grab some snacks from the fridge. Joey sits at the counter an watches me.I grab my backpack an pack my snacks an about four water bottles.
  " How did the Biker Baby let you sleep?" Lucas ask as he  sips on his coffee.
  " I slept better than usual, might be able to work a little more tonight," I say as I pick up my bag. Joey quickly takes the bag from me.
  He puts his hand on my lower back an leads me outside to Lucas's truck, helpping me into the passenger seat. He leans over and buckles me in. I kiss his cheek.
  He gets in the driver side an starts the truck. He shifts the truck into gear. He looks at me," I want her name to be Angel."
  I whip my head around and look at him. He pulls onto the main road before I can find my voice," Why?" I ask.
  He glances at me," Because she is a Godsend. She is going to be the most important thing in my life, and if she is anything like you she will be my little angel."
  I feel tears run down my face. I quickly wipe them away. Joey parks the truck in a Waffle House parking lot.
  I get hop and wait for Joey. I tie my hair in a messy bun. Joey walks to my sidegrabs my hand, pulling me into the restaurant,"I don't want you getting out of the truck by yourself. If you land wrong both of you could be injured."
  I roll my eyes," Okay, Joey, just don't take all day to get out of the truck."