Once Again

Ivy sighed heavily as she leaned back onto the wall to the door of the balcony. She was grateful that her master forgot to lock the door to the balcony but only gets out in the evenings since he roams around the balconies during the day. As soon as the sun sets, she would roam freely on the only place she could not be seen and to be somehow safe.

"Confiteor Deo Omnipotenti. Beatae Mariae semper Virgini. Beato Michaeli archangelo. Sanctis apostolis omnibus sanctis."
[I confess to God almighty. To blessed Mary ever Virgin. To the blessed archangel Michael. To the holy apostles, to all the saints]

She sighed as the sounds of the people singing in evening mass. She walked out to the balcony as she looked at the night sky as the cool breeze blew through her hair. Leaning forward, she closed her eyes as she listened to the others signing in the cathedral below.

"Et tibit Pater, quia peccavi nimis, cogitatione,verbo et opere."
[And to you, Father, that I have sinned, in thought, in word and deed.]

She started singing along with the choir.

"Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Kyrie Eleison."
[Through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault. Lord, have mercy.]

She opened her eyes as she muttered the words.

"Amen...”

Her eyes snapped open as she heard footsteps and froze, thinking it was her master but sighed in relief as it was only the bell ringer that was sent up to get her down in the back room of the cathedral with him to help polish the gold candelabras.

 **********************************************

Drew sighed heavily as he walked through the streets of the village. He had found out that his younger brother had set the trespasser free and that he didn't know where she could have gone. Cursing under his breath, he walked into a pub and ignored the four guards sitting at a small table, looking at his direction. As soon as Drew sat down, the guards got up and walked towards him, looking at a Wanted paper of Drew that was conveniently behind him that the four snickered about, knowing that there will be a huge reward for his capture. One of the guards sat down in front of him smirking and rested a foot on the table.

"Out for a drink I see?" he asked. Drew knew that he was going to be caught eventually, but not at this moment. He quickly got up from his seat, throwing his chair at the guards before running out of the pub. The guards growled as they quickly ran after him through the village, failing to attempt to dodge and duck people, animals, and items as successfully as Drew was. He then saw the cathedral and ran faster, quickly opening the door, causing some people to stop in the middle of the prayers to look at the rude person who interrupted mass.

"Gotcha!" shouted a guard, grabbing Drew's upper arm. "You're coming with-"

"Let go of him!" cried the priest angrily.

"Your lordship, we need to-"

"This is the safety for the Lord and his children. Whoever comes in here, will claim sanctuary if they wish."

Drew nodded and got out of the guard's grip smirking as the guard growled and left, slamming the door. The mass had proceeded once again. Drew looked around the church before walking around the halls besides the room. Whispers could be heard from the back of the cathedral and his curious mind wondered before following the sounds. A low growl was caught in his throat as he saw the intruder from the other day next to someone about his age, polishing gold candelabras. He was tempted to steal them when they weren't looking but he was in the house of the Lord and he was still outraged that she was released freely into the streets.