Chapter Sixty Seven

Start from the beginning

"You look really beautiful, did you know? Like, I don't mean just hot - which you do by the way - but you look unbelievable." He couldn't bring himself to look Asteria in the eyes.

After all these years, she was still the only one that made him nervous.
Just like he was the only one that gave her confidence.

"You don't look too bad yourself... Might even go as far as saying you look good." A small smile crept onto her lips.
"Well, I know." Sirius smirked.

Asteria scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Way to ruin the heartfelt moment, Paddy."
"You ruined it by calling me Paddy."
"Fluffy?" She grinned widely now.

"If I kiss you, will you shut up?"

Asteria opened her mouth to retort but was cut off by Sirius' hands grazing her cheeks as he pressed his lips to her own.

"Alright lovebirds! Try not to steal my limelight." James' unforgettable voice called from behind them as he pulled open the door.

"Dude? Did you just open the door to a bathroom with people in it?" Sirius glared at his friend.
"You didn't lock the door!"
"Well I didn't exactly expect you to come perving on us."
"Padfoot, I swear to-"

"James!" Lily exclaimed, appearing behind her husband.

James shot one last glare at Sirius before masking it with a huge grin and turning to face his wife, "Lily! Lily Potter. Nice ring, don't you think?"
Lily folded her arms disapprovingly, "Did I hear someone shouting about perving on-"
"You know I really love you? I love you so so much. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm a better man because of it." James held his hands on either side of Lily's unamused face.

"How does it feel to be the cause of their first domestic as a married couple?" Asteria whispered, giggling slightly as she watched the scene unfold.
"I think it's time we got out of here." Sirius laced his fingers with Asteria's and led her out of the room and back towards the centre of the wedding.

Asteria looked up, marvelling at the canopy that stood, strewn over their heads. The wedding had inevitably been outside and it couldn't have been better. Darkness now fell over the scene with small glowing lamps illuminating the dance floor.

"Do you think there's something to eat somewhere?" Sirius asked, peering around at the tables.
"Do you want to dance?" Asteria asked quietly, watching the other couples in the clearing.
Sirius raised an eyebrow at her, "You want to dance?"
"Yeah, why not?"
"I don't dance." Sirius shook his head.

Then Asteria spotted Remus sitting quietly, alone at one of the tables.

"Does Remus dance?" She asked.
Sirius almost choked on his own breath, "I don't think there's anyone that dances less than Moony does."
"I think he'll dance with me. Maybe we'll do a slow dance together." Asteria smirked.
"Don't say things that aren't true."
"Watch me."

Asteria pulled her hand free from Sirius and made her way over to Remus, gliding past the abandoned chairs and tables. He sat, perched on the edge of his seat, his head resting in his hand as he watched everyone else dance. Remus had never been one for dancing but he did enjoy to watch it - that was for sure.

"Remus!" Asteria exclaimed, causing him to jump as he was dragged out of his thoughts.
"Asteria!" He replied with the same level of enthusiasm, yet his voice was laced with slight confusion. Remus spotted Sirius stood at the other side of the tent, narrowing his eyes at the two of them.