Saving Grace: The Glory of Love Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

"He will talk to you in a few minutes, right now it is my turn."

"I knew you wouldn't stay away. You are not one to stay mad, that is why I love you!"

I started laughing. "For someone that loves someone you show it in a strange way! Now either let me talk or I will leave."

"Go ahead." He did not look happy that I was taking control.

"John, I came to tell you that you hurt me...you broke me physically, emotionally and mentally. However, with Jake's help, God has healed me. I have forgiven you." I leaned back and took a deep breath. "I have forgiven you, but I will not forget what you have done. You tried to rape me and if Jake had not shown up that night, you would have."

"You are dating the guy that hit me?"

"What were you doing to me? You were hitting me, punching me, trying to rape me."

"That wasn't my proudest moment. But, I still love you!"

"John, I don't love you, I never have and I never will. Something happened to you that night. It was almost demonic. I could see the evil in your eyes. I have come today to tell you three things. 1. I forgive you. 2. You need God. You need to ask him to forgive you and to save you. You have evil working in your life and you need to rebuke that and ask God to fill you! 3. DO NOT! I repeat Do Not contact me again. If you do, I will turn your letters over to the DA and I will not read them. I never want to see you again."

"Is that it?" He said sarcastically.

"Yes. I think Jake wants to say something." I turned and looked at Jake.

John turned and looked at Jake and closed his eyes like he was trying to block him out.

"John, I don't care if you look at me or not, but you will hear what I say. I want to thank you." John opened his eyes and glared at Jake. "I met Grace through your attack. I believe if we had not met that way, I still would love her and be dating her. She is my soulmate. But, through helping her heal, I fell in love with her. For a while I hated you. I could not touch her without her body tensing up. I could not kiss her without her mind going back to that Friday night and what you did to her. But, over time those memories and walls came down and I learned how gentle, soft and passionate Grace is. Grace also taught me that in order to truly love I must forgive. So, I have I have forgiven you. But like Grace, I will not forget either! You see, I saw what you did to her. I saw her broken and bruised body. I saw her broken spirit. But, God helped me heal her and put the broken pieces back together. I just want to tell you, I am in her life and although we have both forgiven you, DO NOT contact her again. Do Not feel as though she has any feelings for you, because trust me, she does not now and she never will!"

"Are you done?"

"Yeah, I think we are done here."

"Grace you have loved me since the 2nd grade and I have loved you since then too. How can you throw it all away over one night when I got mad?"

"John I may have had a crush on you in 2nd grade, but I did not love you. You don't love someone and punch them, hit them and try to force yourself on them! I want you to know, other than appearing in court to testify against you, once I leave this room, I will never think of you again. You will not enter my thoughts ever again."

"I am sorry you hate me."

"I am sorry your actions have put us here. I am sorry that you gave up your life and your freedom because you thought you could force yourself on me. I am sorry that your family and friends have turned their backs on you because of your actions. I am done." I stood up to leave and Jake stood with me. "John, I have prayed for you. It is now your turn, you need to pray for yourself and find God! I will no longer utter your name to God. I will no longer think about that night. I am moving on with my life. Goodbye." With that, I turned around and walked away with John sitting at the table. I did not turn around or look back.