two ❀

WARNING: this chapter includes talk of suicide and a dead body.

"...nine, ten!"

"READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!"

stan giggled to himself in his secret hiding spot.

there was no way richie could ever find him! this spot was GENIUS!

he waited for what seemed like hours. occasionally he heard whining as other the losers were found.

"alright stanny. we're all about to give up."

richie sounded out of breath. stan wondered how long they had been playing for. he had lost track after counting five minutes.

"c-come out, asshole!"

he recognized bill's voice instantly, not only because of the stutter, but because of how different it sounds from the other's voices.

stan decided enough was enough. he jumped out from his hiding spot, the closet, which shocked everybody.

how had they not looked there?

richie opened his eyes. he laid in bed for awhile, staring at the ceiling.

eventually, he checked his phone for any text messages or notifications.

what.

the.

fuck.

"wednesday, april 26."

"what the fuck is going on!" richie demanded.

of course, he got no answer. who was he expecting to answer him anyway?

"STANTHONY!" richie called throughout the house as he went through each and every room.

"come out you little dip shit!" he said much quieter this time, now jumping down every third stair.

"staniel, if you aren't in this kitchen i will personally bury you alive!"

but of course, stanley was not in the kitchen. richie was repeating his day yesterday, why would he be there anyway?

richie felt the familiar buzz of a text and knew it was eddie again.

the same message.

richie had made a terrible lasagna again. he wouldn't have, if he could find the one he made yesterday.

tonight, he decided, he would text eddie "and bill" back.

"what happened to him?"

simple enough.

"what do you mean? didn't you see the news? we figured someone would tell you, too."