Chapter 34 Rest Baby, I'm Here*

Start from the beginning

The voice of the healer, I assume, returns. "So Mr Malfoy, Mr Potter. I wouldn't call it a complication but it isn't something that will help in her healing. You see, Mrs Weasley is pregnant."

"Draco," I hear Harry breath questioning.

"I don't think they can tell. Can you tell who the father is Healer Fulton?"

"Well it all depends. There is the time frame window, we can run a paternity test later on."

I hear Draco sigh, "The thing is, she and I had sex the night before this. Just a few hours before. And my father was the one that attacked her."

"Mr Malfoy, in that case there would be no way to tell the parentage of the child. No matter how far along she was," the healer says in a resigned tone.

I feel his breath on me, "Baby, what the hell should I do? This could be our baby. Or it could be that monster's. I need you here. I can't make this choice alone."

"Fuck," Harry says morosely. "I think we need Ginny's input too. Draco, I'm sorry mate. I couldn't imagine anything worse than what the two of you went through, but now this? I'm so sorry."

"Tell Ginny. You're right Potter, we need a woman's input." I hear the door again not knowing who comes and goes. "What have you missed? Let's see. Weasel tried to kill me, more than once. Everyone has decided he needs to be somewhere near Antartica to cool his arse off. Harry gave me a new version of hell for allowing you out of the Manor in the first place. I'm just grateful to have all my fingers, toes, and well parts." I can tell he's trying to cheer me up, the tone is all too familiar. His strained chuckle comes out, "The whole Weasley clan is here, camped outside your room. I don't think we're ever going to be rid of them. But they're growing on me. George is a good guy. I've learned to stay away from Bill when it's that time of the month. Charlie just fucks with my head for the fun of it I think; mentioning that ferrets are Ukrainian Ironbelly's favorite treat." I hear him sigh, "Ginny's terrified. She really is afraid of losing the one sister she really wants out of the lot of you. Her brothers and Harry have had to physically restrain her a few times. But let's look at the positives: you're practically healed up. There are almost no scars. Fuck what my father said, you'll be able to enjoy sex for the next millenia if you want. There cuts on your legs and back, they will heal. Thank goodness he didn't have my crazy aunt's magical dagger, just some old kitchen blade. Oh I'm buying us a new dining set. Something not black I'm thinking. Maybe glass. Anyways," he breathes deeply again and I feel a warm, fresh tear fall onto my shoulder, "you get better. You're bright enough and stubborn enough that I know you can do it if you want. And I want you to. Rose and Hugo, Merlin, please don't leave them with Ronald. They need their mum."

"What the bloody hell, Draco? Tell me Harry's wrong!" I hear the screech of my best friend as I can only imagine her coming in like the hurricane she is when she's in this mood. "She can't be pregnant?" A quiet pause lingers in the room before she breaks it with a "Merlin's saggy balls, no."

If it were any other situation, I probably would be laughing my arse off. At the moment, all I can manage is a twitch of my little finger.

"I think she heard you," Draco snickers slightly.

"Where did you get that?" she retorts.

"The only other time any part of her moves, is when she's in pain. And it is a lot different than just her pinky twitching. Trust me. She heard you."

"Okay then. Hermione Jean Granger, you had better get your arse out of this bed and walk out that door. You hear me. I'm not going to stand here and wait for you to get yourself together or whatever you think you're doing. Yeah you went through a hell nobody should have to go through. Trust me, I am going to have a field day when Harry catches Lucius. Sorry Draco. You and Harry aren't getting a chance with him. He's fucking mine. Now, Hermione, you get up and run the Ministry like you were destined to do. Then marry this ferret and have lots of ferret babies. We'll get past this one, and you two can live happily ever after. Do you hear me? Then Rose and Scorpius will be nauseated when they realize that their siblings will be siblings to both of them and we'll have a really awkward wedding and family get-togethers, but who the fuck cares. Like the Weasley family is normal anyways. But you understand? You realize I have this all planned out and you being like this is just ruining it? Girl up and get yourself out of your own bloody head!"