Welcome To New York

Start from the beginning

He cracked open the first bottle, which I promptly swiped out of his hand.

"No."

His eyes narrowed, and he growled before opening the second bottle and starting to drink. I snatched that bottle too, but since it was at an odd angle some of the alcohol splashed onto his chest. I got up to pour them out in the kitchen but was quickly stopped with an arm around my waist.

"Cole..."

"Tanner, let go."

"I need that...please."

"You don't need alcohol, Tanner."

"Please, baby. It's very hard to control myself with you here, and the alcohol helps settle my wolf. I don't drink a lot, just one will make him content."

I looked over my shoulder at those ice blue eyes begging for me to understand. I had intended to chastise him for calling me 'baby', but I found the words stuck on my tongue.

"Cole, please? I don't want to make another mistake, and that is the only way I know that will make him relax for a while."

Dammit. With a tired sigh, I shook my head and turned around, making him move his arms with the action.

"Fine, but only one."

He sighed with relief and took the drink, taking a small sip before walking back to the bed and setting the beer on the nightstand to grab a small laptop.

"So... we should get to New York in another day or so um... Would you um, wanna... go on a d-date then?"

Okay, the hesitant stuttering and bright red blush on him was adorable, but what really had me smiling was the big pair of wolf ears poking out from his messy hair, pinned to the side of his head to help add to the puppy look. It was more likely that he was just about to change into his wolf form since there was no in-between, but how could anyone say no to the way he looked right then.

"O-Okay..."

~Tanner~

He said yes! Oh my gosh!

Woof! Mate!

No, you derpy wolf. We gotta earn that.

Woof?

Ignoring my sulking pup, I wrapped my arms around Cole and giggled. That wasn't so manly, but I didn't really care as I leaned back to kiss him on the forehead.

"No take backs."

He rolled his eyes, but that smile was unmistakably for me.

"Yeah yeah."

After one more good hug, I turned and took a few swallows of the beer, feeling my wolf relax as the alcohol soothed him. He was a bit upset that I wasn't letting him jump Cole, but there was no way I was gonna mess this up. Again.

"Hey, Tan? Can I borrow some clothes to sleep in?"

My wolf perked up at the idea of having my clothing on his mate's body, which also meant my smell.

"Yes! Woof!"

He snickered, making me blush at letting my wolf slip by to get that quiet bark in. Darn it. Instead of scolding me, though, Cole just patted my head.

"It's okay if he comes out a little. I'm here to help with that along with your English."

He winked at me, making my heart melt in an instant. O-Oh, right, clothes. Hurrying over to my small dresser, I pulled out my favorite shirt——with a wolf on it, of course—and then a pair of red and black checkered boxers. I did my best to hide my grin as I handed them over to Cole. His eyes told me that he could tell I was still overly excited, but thankfully he simply thanked me and sauntered out of my room and into the tiny bathroom we had in the hall.