2

Hobi"s POV

i love the way her eyes crinkle up when she smiles, showing the full extent of her soft cheeks. i love her dark hair that flows past her shoulders, turning into a soft shade of burnt wood when the sun shines through it. i love how short she is because my shirts always look like gigantic artwork on her body, tucking into every beautiful curve and every beautiful fold. i love how peaceful she is, as if she's recollecting memories of now and tomorrow; not looking back to any yesterdays.

but there are things i hate about her.

i hate that she always underestimates herself, and always tells herself that she can't do anything. i hate that she believes others when they tell her that she isn't pretty enough and cries alone in the bedsheets patching up the heart torn one too many times. i hate how she doesn't love herself.

when i hear those soft sniffles coming from the bathroom, i feel the need to wrap her tightly within my embrace. i circle her waist- the waist that she complains about being too "wide" - and stroke my fingers through her hair; rubbing soft circles on the small of her back. i lift her chin that she hates oh so much for being "chubby" not knowing that i adore her beautiful cheeks. she lifts her tear stained  face and stares at me, her eyes staring into mine.

"Do you love me?"

i feel a pang in my chest as tears welled up in my eyes. even when she's crying, she's the most beautiful person in my eyes. i thanked God for giving me such an angel, even if she didn't believe so. she was like the star in the heavens above, bright yet you can't quite reach it, softly padding it's footprints along the milky way.

she was the wind that blows on a cool morning; the sunlight that pours from above; the clouds drifting peacefully; the swaying of the trees; the very air i breathe. i thanked all the atoms and matter in the universe for my beautiful little panda bear. i thanked all of the carbons, and hydrogens, and star dust from the death of stars millions of years ago. those carbons and hydrogens and stardust live inside of her. i don't need to look at her as if she put the stars up in the sky. she patched the stars together to create a wonderful vessel possessing all of the love in the world; giving more than they receive.

i looked back up at my beautiful concoction of star stuff and rubbed her cheeks with my thumb.

"Of course I do."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first time writing fluff so bear with me please? thank you? it gets super bio-like in the middle because I take chem and bio as my high level class and i love stars I'm sorry. I tried to be poetic (English lit is also my high-level class) but this is dedicated to my dear friend Sharky's beautiful friend Selina!!

"We're all made of star stuff" - Carl Sagan