Alex

I didn't mean to kill her. Really, I didn't. I stood over her lifeless body, breathing heavily. Sirens blare behind me. I turn to face the noise. "Stand down now!" a voice yelled out from the blue and red lights. I wanted to drop the knife. I really did. But my hand wouldn't let go. I just stared straight ahead not knowing where the voice was coming from. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my head. I felt a warm, tickling liquid flowing down my forehead. Blood. I look at the body once more, before darkness fell all around me.

I woke up out of breath. Sweat was dripping from my forehead. I touch my forehead. It was all just a dream. I swung my legs off my bed and jumped off and landed straight onto a picture. I touch my nose. Got a little cut, nothing that bad. My little sister jumps on my back. "You okay? I hope you're okay. Ooh you got a ouchy on your nose. That's gonna leave a mark." I just roll my eyes. "Thanks for the information. I would never have known that if you didn't tell me." She jumped up. "No problem sister! Now let's go get ready for school!" I huffed. I got up and rummaged through my closet to find something good to wear. I grabbed my black shirt and my ripped jeans. This will have to do. I quickly put my clothes on, put my Converse on, grabbed my backpack, and walked out to get breakfast. "Well good morning sleepy head!" my mom said as I walked into the kitchen and dropped my backpack on the ground. "Morning." My mom turned to me. "You should be happy! It's your birthday!" Oh. Yeah. I totally forgot. "Yeah well I haven't had my coffee yet." My mom just laughed. I smiled slightly. After I poured my cup of coffee and ate my bowl of cereal I felt better. I gave my mom a kiss on the forehead and walked out of the house.

I hopped on the bus and looked toward the back. I noticed a kid I had never seen before. He was skinny but not skin-and-bones skinny. He has black hair swept to the right and has blue eyes. He had his earbuds in and he was looking out the window. Weird. I noticed that he looked at me. He looked... scared. He quickly looked out the window and hung his head down and put his hoodie on. Hmm. I sat in the front of the bus and looked in the big mirror at the front. I looked at the boy. I saw him looking down the aisle. Is he looking for me? I looked down the aisle and we locked eyes for a second and he quickly sat up back in his seat. I sat up and looked out the window.

When we pulled up to the school, I quickly jumped off and started to walk to the school. As I was walking I looked back and saw the boy walking with his hands in his sweatshirt pockets and his hoodie still on. I looked forward and ran into someone. "Hey, watch it." the person started to say. I looked up. It was Diana. "Oh. It's just you. Sorry." Diana reached out her hand and I took it. I dusted myself off. "Hey, you okay? You look like you have something on your mind." Diana asked me. Diana is a really pretty person. Sometimes I wonder why she chose me as her best friend. She has long black hair. She has hazel eyes and a perfect complexion. The only thing she doesn't like about herself is that she is very attractive. I don't understand her. "No. I'm fine. Let's just get to class or we will be late." She looked at me with that look. See, Diana knows when I'm lying. I just walked really fast into the school. The bell rang right as I walked into the classroom. Luckily, the teacher was reading another one of her romance novels. I quietly slipped into my desk without her noticing. All during homeroom I was thinking about that boy. He seemed so weird and lonely. I don't know why I keep thinking about him. I shake my head and I take out my book. The bell rings and I pack up everything. I walk down the hall and I see Diana and wave. Then I bump into someone. Again. I look and it's that boy. He stumbled a little and looked up and noticed it was me. "Oh uh- sorry." He said, and he scurried of. I looked back and watched him walking away. I shake my head and pick up my backpack. As the day goes by, I watch the boy walk around by himself.

I walk onto the bus after hugging Diana goodbye. The boy was sitting in the back. Whatever. What do I even care about that weirdo anyway. The whole bus ride I think about if he is looking at me. Ugh.

][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][

Finally, the bus got to my house. I got up and walked out of the bus without looking at the back. I ran inside my house and looked out the window. I watched as the bus rolled off and turned the corner. I made a mean face and I turned around. "Alexandra is that you?" My mom called out from the kitchen. "Ugh mom! How many times do I have to tell you? Its Alex!" My mom scurried out of the kitchen and dried her hands on her apron. "Oh, I'm sorry dear. Anyway, how was school?" she asked me as she gave me a big hug. "It was alright." I say casually. I don't want to tell her about the weird kid. My mom looked at me like she didn't believe me. Go figure. "What?" I asked as I walked up the stairs to my room.

When I got to my room I tossed my backpack on my bed and walked to my desk. I opened my laptop and checked my email. I got one from Diana.

To: Alexandra11@yahoo.com

From: Dianabear@yahoo.com

Happy Birthday! I meant to tell you at school, but I forgot. I'm such a bad friend. ☹ Well, I will see you next week!

xoxo

Diana <3 

I just laughed and shaked my head. Good ol' Diana. Always forgetting things. I close my laptop, walk over to my bed, throw my backpack on the floor, and flop onto my bed. I pull out my phone and I go to SnapChat. I notice I have one friend request. Its... its... that boy! How did he find me? I stare at my screen. What do I do? I press accept. All of a sudden, without thinking, I text him "Hey". What was I doing? I quickly turned my phone off and put my phone on my desk. I stared at my phone for a while in silence. I pick it up and turn it on. No response. Hmm. I put my phone on my desk and walked down stairs.

 "Going to make dinner soon. What do you want?" my mom asked. "I'm not really that hungry. I don't really don't care what you make I will eat anything." My mom rolled her eyes. I know she hates when I say that, but I am only telling her the truth. I sit at the kitchen table. "Where is Rachel?" I ask. "She's at her friend's house. She is going to sleep over." Now I'm feeling a little better. One night without a little sister. Oh, who am I kidding, I'm not going to have anything to do now. Great. "Hey mom? Can I crash at Diana's house tonight?" I ask. "You mean you want to have a sleepover?" "Mom, I'm in High School I don't call it a "sleep over" anymore." My mom rolled her eyes. "Okay whatever you call it honey. And of course, you can go "crash" at Diana's place." She made air quotes as she said crash. I gave my mom a hug and ran upstairs. I ran in my room and picked up my phone. I stared at it and turned it on. Nothing. Phew. I called Diana and she said she will get her room ready. I get some pj's and some clothes and rush out the door.

I get to Diana's house and knock on the door. Diana greets me with a hug and we run up to her room. "Hey, did you get my email?" she asked. "Yeah I did. I can't believe you forgot my birthday!" I pretended to cry. "Omg I'm so sorry! I didn't think you would take it this bad!" She gave me a tight hug. I quietly grabbed one of her pillows and hit her in the face. "Ow! What was that for? I thought you were crying" I started to laugh so hard I fell over. She looked at me like she just saw a ghost. I looked at her while grabbing my gut. "Hey, I didn't take those acting classes for nothing!" She punched me really hard on the arm. "Ow! Well, I guess I deserve that one." For the rest of the night Diana and I just laughed and joked around. I forgot all about the boy. Soon, after a lot of playing around, we fell asleep.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey yall! 

So I hoped you enjoyed this one chapter. I have written this book before, so I decided I would write it here so you could see it. I really like this book and I hope you do too. Thanks Loves!! <3 ~Hev