Adventures

After breakfast Neil thought of going and visiting a college friend of him. Rudra has moved to Mumbai from Delhi a few days ago. He has a son of almost Marshall's age.
The door was opened by Mona, who was carrying little Yuan on her lap. "Neil!" She half hugged Neil, and then cooed to Marshall. "So big already!" Rudra appeared from the hallway and exclaimed, taking Marshall from Neil. "It's so good to see you!!" Neil's voice was almost like a shout. They walked in and settled on the couches. It didnt take long for Marshall to be friends with Yuan. Soon the two of them sat on the play-mats, sharing their toys.
"Where's Avni?" Moana asked, handing a cuppa to Neil. "A bit busy. We're heading to New York tonight." He smiled. "Oooh, good choice!" Rudra exclaimed. "Hows the 'arranged marriage' working?" Mona asked. "Amazing!.." Neil mumbled in a dreamy way. "Its just..perfect. Avni is the best thing that happened to me.. so perfect." The other couple didnt even need any more details, they could clearly see his endless love for Avni. They chatted for a long time, until Neil had to dive off.

"AVNI!!" Neil called her for the seventh time! They were getting late to go to airport. He was holding Marshall with his one hand, other on the elevator button, holding it open for Avni to come. "Your mother, i tell you.." Neil said to Marshall, who was all clueless. "His mother was made pregnant by You, Mr. Khanna! Never even thought for a second you'd have to do all these once you have kids, did you? Now suffer!" Avni shot back, pushing Marshall's baby pram into the elevator. "Want one more?" She asked Neil, who didnt respond, but bursted into laughs. "You get fussed very easily." Avni rolled her eyes, and Neil coudnt resist from pulling her cheeks. "Neil!" Avni glared, but both Neil and Marshall laughed out loud.

It was a long journey and Avni crashed into bed as soon as they settled in the cottage, after dinner that night. Neil hung out with a close friend of him, who lived a couple of blocks down the street, before coming back around midnight. Neil quickly slipped into a pajama pant and got into bed. It wasnt snowing outside quiet yet, but its freezing in there. Neil moved close to Avni and spooned her into his arms, to escape from the cold. But he got up in the next instant! Marshall was on the otherside of Avni, almost on the edge of the bed. He'll prolly fall off if either him or Avni moves. Neil quickly moved Marshall into the space between him and Avni. He forgot to request for a crib, hence a good chance was missed. Neil shook of his head to get rid of the thoughts and smiled to himself. Marshall moved into Neil's arms all of a sudden. Neil looked down to find he was wide awake, who in turn stretched his body and gave his Daddy a smile. "You're not gonna let me sleep tonight, are you?" Neil mumbled and Marshal grinned, showing up the few teeth he have. "Oh, look!" Neil noticed the light snowflakes falling outside the window! He took Marshall into his arms and moved closer to the window to have a look. Marshall was mesmerized by the sight. He was much little when they first went on to the hiking trip. "You wanna go out there, little one?" Neil asked Marshal, equally excited. "Da-da!" Marshall clapped his hands in return. Neil dug into their luggage and pulled out some warm clothes and coats form him and Marshall. It took a while for him dress up his son, Neil made a mind note to do it more often, s that he could dress up Marshall when Avni isnt around.

Neil stepped out of the front porch carefully, as it might be slippery. Marshall's face immediately turned red, as the cold wind blew in the space. Neil took off the mittens of Marshall for a little while, so that he could touch the snow. Marshall grabbed his hands full of snow, getting startled instantly as it was too cold, dropping it immediately. Neil laughed at his reaction and placed the mittens back on. They spent the next few minutes catching the snowflakes. Marshall was on Neil's lap, he squawked with happiness, as Neil ran around with him to catch the flakes. It was all fun, until Neil's feet slipped, making the both of them fall onto the ground, which was covered with a thin sheet of snow. Neil turned around to Marshall to see if he was hurt, but he was laughing out loudly. Neil let out a heavy sigh and laughed along with him. He then showed Marshall how to move about his hands and legs, to make snow angels. Marshall copied Neil and did what his Daddy was doing. They were laughing and having the best time..but,
"Whats going on?!" Neil quickly lifted up his head to find a very upset Avni, but he knew she was pretending.