Nellie was too busy sorting out the food into cupboards to really pay any heed. She didn't care if she was honest, London is know to be full of crazies so she just assumed he too was one of them. "No idea, anyways ignore e'm and be a good lad and run these shirts up to Mr Todd for me" She said digging her hand into a bag to retrieve a bundle of fresh white shirts. Toby however didn't move just turned round to look at his mum as if she had asked him the impossible.

"What's wrong?" she frowned at him seeing his face drop at the mention of the barbers name. "Hmm?" she pushed placing the shirts down and walking round the counter placing her hands on her hips as she looked down at him standing there so quite.

"Ow' could ya do it mum" he mumbled lip quivering and eyes glazing over with sudden tears that shocked Nellie to her core. Bending down to his level she held onto his shoulders and frowned worryingly seeing him so sad. He couldn't even look at her, he just remained staring at the floor.

"Do what dear?" she whispered gently brushing a fallen tear away with her hand.

Sniffling to control the silent tears Toby slowly and bravely lifted his face to meet hers. "C-cheat on Edward...."

Nellies eye's sparked suddenly with surprise and anxiousness that those words could have fallen from his lips. How the hell did he find out? "What? how-w did ya.."

"I saw ya come down from Mr Todd's shop that night Edward was waitin' ere' for ya.." Toby sniffled lifting his arm up to wipe his sleeve across his face to dry his eyes. Nellie could feel her heart shattering seeing him so sad, seeing him so broken in front of her. She knew Toby adored Edward, making it even harder for him to get his little head around all her drama. She felt almost embarrassed for being caught, Sweeney and her should have been more careful.

Cupping his cheek Mrs Lovett wiped away another tear with her thumb her eyes just as sad as his as she looked at him. "oh Toby, I'm sorry ya 'ad to see that my love...I promise ya nothin' more is going on between Mr Todd and me at the moment, I've told e'm I need to talk to Edward..."

"So you're going to break up with Edward?" he sounded horrified as his eyes looked back up to meet hers. "I ave' to love" Stepping away from her in surprise and horror Toby looked at her as if she was being ridiculous. "Y-ya can't mum, Edward was gonna propose to ya" he cried stepping further and further back until his back hit one of the booths. Nellie stayed silent after that. She had no idea Edward had intended on asking for her hand and for that her guilt was really playing on her mind.

"Toby" She whispered pushing herself to her feet and walking back round the counter to finish putting the food away. "I'm not going to marry Edward" she didn't know quite where to look or what to do with herself so she tried distracting her mind with putting the food away into cupboards.

Shaking his head Toby closed his eyes painfully. "Mum, please tell me ya don't love Mr Todd...please" he sniffled watching as she pulled out a glass and topped it up with some gin nervously.

"Well I do, very much" she stated bravely before throwing back the gin as if it were a shot. She needed something to calm her nerves. "Now Toby, I don't want any more questions bout' this ya hear? it's my business and mine alone..." she continued strongly and slightly angered now she felt so vulnerable and insecure suddenly in front of him, in front of a child. "But e'll hurt ya mum.."

"That's enough!" she snapped making him cower slightly. Never had Mrs Lovett raised her voice to him, and never had her eyes been so angered towards him. He realised now he was touching on her nerves and for that he kept his lips together not wanting to get himself into more trouble. Her eyes soon returned back to the bottle of gin and he watched sadly as she poured herself anther glass.

Wiping his eyes Toby stood there awkwardly watching as she drank another small glass of gin down before re-filling the glass. Never in all this time living here had he seen her this shaken. He knew if it weren't for that bloody barber she would never have been in this state. Now he had got her drinking? oh that man was a piece of shit!

"He won't make ya happy mum, Mr Todd thinks of you like nothin' but an object! a whore!" Toby bucked up the courage to rant making her eyes widen in shock and anger. He needed to get this out and get it out now, it was the truth in his eyes and for that he wanted her to know.

"Get out!" she hissed at him harshly eyes like daggers as she glared at him.

"Ya bein' foolish! Mr Todd can't love ya, he hate's everyone and ya know that!" Toby shouted back, hurting her deeply not that it was visible to him just how much. Picking up her now empty glass she threw it across the room hearing it smash into pieces by the booth Toby was standing next too. The boy covered his face with his arm to shield himself from the broken glass.

"GET OUT!" Nellie yelled again this time making Toby run as fast as he could out the door in fear. 

As soon as he was gone Nellie couldn't help the tears that followed. She covered her face in her hands and cried loudly. dropping to the floor she lent her body against her counter and pulled her knees up to her face as she cried. Toby had no right to voice his opinion like that to her. And yet she had no right to throw him out either. However her tears and pain all came down to the fact Toby could be right. There would always be that worry in the back of her head that Sweeney could hurt her. She loved him deeply yet he had not once told her that back, she wondered if he ever would....

A/N:  Spent last night typing this one up for you guys, really hope you like it even though it's a little sad:( Thanks for the amazing feedback and please do keep it up as its so lovely to read! Lots of love x