"Rest, for tomorrow may be when we get a visit from Turpin" his voice was low and hoarse which made her smirk. Sweeney's morning voice was even sexier then she had imagined, lower and gruff like a grisly bear.

Breaking away he placed on his shoes before heading over to the door. "I'll be in my shop if you need me" he added before opening the door. "Alright..." she smiled sitting back down on her bed before watching him leave and close the door behind him. Now alone Nellie let out the long sigh she had been holding in and collapsed against the mattress covering her hands over her face as she did so.

"Get a grip Eleanor" she muttered to herself allowing her foolish heart to flutter around like a busy bee inside.

———————-

Deciding to take the day off Mrs Lovett spent the day at the market with Toby. However it wasn't as much as a treat more of a task with the awful mood the lad seemed to be in. The whole day was spent shopping and picking up the necessaries for the pie shop. Toby had been her bag holder for most of the day holding onto the bags of food and bottles of gin Mrs Lovett had purchased throughout the day. He had remained quite, still saddened by the fact he knew the truth about her and Mr Todd. His heart felt truly ripped apart knowing the woman he cared most about in the world would most probably end up broken hearted all over again.

However he decided to keep his mouth shut, for now. He didn't want to upset her mood considering she seemed so cheery and bright this morning. At first he was mad, mad at her to be quite frank but then he knew Mrs Lovett's heart like no one else and knew that the barber had most probably won her over. He hated that man with everything in him, he was rude and selfish, unkind and mean and for that alone Toby couldn't see why his mum would fall for such a despicable human being. Mr Todd was cold, whereas his mum was a gentle soul with a warm heart and thinking of that now as he trudged along the crowded streets behind her Toby could only feel glum.

"Toby come on love don't dawdle" Nellie called for him releasing now she had walked on a lot further in front. Juggling the bags of food and drink Toby ran back over to her making her smirk before running her hand over his shoulder to keep him close by her side. Mrs Lovett knew something was bothering him, yet now wasn't the time to ask. It was too busy and crowded here in the market and if she were honest she just wanted to finish off ticking everything from her shopping list. She still needed to buy some new shirts for Sweeney and a pot of shaving cream as well for that matter.

Winding their way through the market Nellie made sure she had Toby in eyes view. Like the protective ward, well mother she was to him now she needed to make sure he was save.

—————————

"Toby who is that lurkin' out side our shop?"

Placing the brown paper bags full off market goods on the counter top he turned his little head to the direction Mrs Lovett was pointing. He squinted his eyes a little seeing a man taking notes down in a pad much like a police man. What they didn't know was in fact that it was Edwards friend Richard....

Unloading the bags Nellie frowned seeming to remember him from somewhere "Weren't he ere' last night in our courtyard? that odd bugger who didn't touch a pie or any gin for the matter...just sat observing the place?" she rambled remembering more now that she laid eyes upon him. She couldn't help but remember his face considering he was rude enough to turn down a pie and yet was cheeky enough to sit in her establishment for the evening. Something there didn't seem quite right, it was as if he knew something or was up to something.

"Not sure mum, e's a bit odd though, what do ya think he's writin' down in that pad of his?" Toby piped up still watching Richard outside looking up every now and again at the parlour before jotting down more notes.