Chapter 18) The man with two faces.

Start from the beginning

"But I heard you a few days ago, sobbing. I thought Snape was threatening you." Harry said, and for the first time a flicker of fear crossed Quirrell's face. "Sometimes I find it hard to follow my master's orders. He is a great wizard and I am weak..."

"You mean he was in the classroom with you?" I gasped, looking at Harry who looked as surprised as I was. "He is with me wherever I go. I met him when I was travelling around the world. A foolish young man I was then, full of ridiculous ideas about good and evil. Lord Voldemort showed me how wrong I was. There is no and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it. Since then I have served him faithfully, although I have let him down many times. He has had to be very hard on me. He does not forgive mistakes easily. When I failed to steal the stone from Gringotts he was most displeased. He punished me... decided he would have to keep a close watch on me..." Quirrell shuddered.

Harry looked like he was in deep thought about something, and my mind flashed back to that newspaper article about the break in at Gringotts. Quirrell cursed under his breath. "I don't understand! Is the stone inside the mirror? Should I break it?"

My heart rate quickened and my mind began racing with what to do next. Getting out of these ropes would probably help, by they were getting tighter and tighter as if they were reading my thoughts. Harry looked directly into the mirror, and his face flashed with recognition.

I tried to look into the mirror, but only succeeded in falling over. So now I was lying on the floor watching the scene instead of standing up. Harry tired to move to help, and Quirrell just ignored me.

"What does this mirror do? How does it work? Help me, master!" Quirrell said into thin air, and to my complete and utter horror, a voice answered him. "Use the children. Use the children!"

Quirrell rounded on us, snapping his fingers and making the ropes fall off us. I scrambled to my feet. "Come here Potter! Black! Come here and look into the Mirror and tell me what you see!"

Okay, Silvia. Your a good liar, just look and lie about what you see. Easy. Quirrel moved close behind us, me trying not to breathe in that horrible smell coming from his turban. Harry and I stood in front of the mirror.

I saw my reflection, bruised and bloody and pale, looking frightened up at me. My reflection was holding hands with Harry, who looked almost as scared as me. My reflection smirked at me, eyes flashing with mischief, pulling the wand out of her boot and waving it, the stone appearing in her hand. Reflection me smirked at me and winked, putting the stone in Harry's pocket. As it did so, Harry gasped, his hand slowly itching towards his pocket, where I noticed a bulge with something inside. He'd got the stone.

"Well? What do you see?" Quirrell asked impatiently. "I see myself shaking hands with Dumbledore. I- I've won the house cup for Gryffindor." Harry made up of the top of his head. It was okay, but it could be better. Quirrell snarled and pushed Harry out of the way, grabbing my arm and forcing me in front of the mirror. "And you?"

"I see my parents. They're alive, and we're happy." I said, my eyes filling up with tears to add a dramatic effect. Quirrel cursed, throwing me to the side and into Harry's arms. When Quirrel turned to look in front of the mirror, I was debating on making a break for it, but couldn't get anywhere because that same high, cold voice whispered again. The sound seemed to be coming from Quirrell, but his lips were not moving.

"They lie... they lie..."
"But the girl-"
"She is just a good liar, speak to them again!"
"Potter, Black come back here! Tell me the truth! What do you see?!"

The high voice spoke again, shivers running down my spine. "Let me speak to them... face to face."
"Master you are not strong enough!"
"I have strength enough... for this..."