Saving Grace: The Glory of Love Chapter 11

Start from the beginning

"OK."

"I have not told Jake. I know he would be upset and it is the only secret we have!"

"Oh." He said. "Are you asking me about this because I am your doctor or because I am his Dad?"

"His Dad." I hesitated, "But there is more."

"OK. I am listening."

"I think I should go and see John to let him know he is forgiven, that yes, he broke me and hurt me, but he no longer has a hold on me. But, I know this will upset Jake."

"You are right, it will upset Jake. But, if you feel you need to do this then you should. My concern is that you do not go alone. And quiet honestly Jake can handle you going as long as he is there."

"But, I don't know if John can handle seeing me with Jake. The attack started because he was jealous I had been on other dates with other people."

"Grace, this is about you being complete and healing. Besides, I am sure John's friends have already told him you are dating Jake. And on December 13, John will see Jake in the courtroom."

"How should I tell Jake?"

"Be honest with him. He hates secrets. Tell him why you want to do it and explain your thoughts to him. He loves you and he will support you no matter what!"

I stood up and I gave Dr. Palmer a hug. "Thank you for everything, not just today but everything!"

"Grace, Jake has had other girlfriends, but I have never seen him head over heels in love with someone like he is with you. I love him and you make him happy, which I was not expecting him to be so happy here after our move. You have helped him transition to OHS and put a smile on his face every day. So, thank you!"

I left his office and went to swim practice. I knew I could clear my head while in the pool. Being in the water seemed to do that. With each lap, I let the stress of the situation fall off. By the time practice was over, I was at peace with my decision to see John and to let Jake know what was going on.

We were working on our homework in the kitchen. Jake started playing with my left hand, running his fingers through mine, tracing the curves of my fingers with his. Then, he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him and leaned over to give me a kiss. He could tell I was distracted. "Gracie, you will do fine on the History test tomorrow, don't worry."

"I know." I told him, "But it is not the history test I am worried about."

"Then what is it babe, I will take care of it!"

I got up and walked to a drawer in the kitchen and pulled out the letters. "I am worried you will be mad."

"Gracie, I love you, there is nothing you can do that will make me mad."

"Remember you said that!" I said as I laid the letters down in front of him.

"That creep is sending you letters?"

"Yes, John is sending me letters. About two a week."

"Why haven't you told me?"

"I am telling you now. I didn't want to upset you."

"We need to contact his lawyer or the DA and let them know and they will tell him to stop."

"OK." I said, "But I had another idea. Please remember you said you would not get mad."

I think he knew what I was going to say because he yelled, "NO WAY IN HELL am I going to let you see him!"

I sat down at the table and I pulled my knees into my chest. I put my forehead on my knees and I buried my face. "I knew you would be mad at me." I whispered.