"Know what I'm saying? You know? I mean this entire kitchen." Dad swipes his arms across the table. Everything crashes to the floor, shattering on impact.

   Isaac yanks me from my seat and forces me behind him as we crouch on the floor by the wall.

   "Yeah! Yeah, absolutely– Spotless." Dad hurtles the glass pitcher at the two of us. Isaac covers me with his body as the glass breaks centimeters from our heads on the wall.

   "Isaac." I whisper. A small piece of glass is sticking out of his cheek with blood trickling down his face. Isaac turns his head to face dad and plucks the glass out of his cheek.

   "Well, that was your fault." Dad states.

   Isaac stands up. "You could have blinded us."

   Dad rolls his eyes. "Shut up! It's a scratch! It's hardly even–"

   The blood on his cheek runs back up into the cut and heals like he was never cut. What the hell? How did he do that? Isaac touches the smooth skin where the cut was. I stand up behind him just in time for him to grab my hand and run out of the house. Our sneakers pound against the stairs and concrete.

   "Isaac. Isaac!" Dad shouts from behind us. "Chloe!"

   Isaac lifts his bike up and I hop on the handlebars not giving it a second thought. This must have to do with Derek. Whatever he did to us. Isaac pedals the bike extremely fast and I grip the handlebars in my hand as tight as I can.

   "Chloe!" Dad screeches somewhere behind us.

   I squeeze my eyes shut. We're so dead when he finds us. He always finds us when we run.

   After a good ten minutes, I hear Isaac's voice telling me to jump off. Snapping my eyes open, I find us somewhere in the woods. I jump off of the bed, shoes crunching the dead leaves on the ground. Isaac leans his bike on a tree and walks in the opposite direction. I spin our to see a massive view of Beacon Hills all light up. A rock big enough for more than one person sticks out over the edge.

   Isaac climbs up the rock, sitting on the edge of it. I follow his suit, not sitting right on the edge. "What are we going to do?"

   I sigh, unsure on how to even begin to answer that. "We need to talk to Derek." I grimace at the unfortunate truth.

   "Where does he live?"

   "I have no idea."

   I cross my legs together, cupping my chin in my hands. The town looks beautiful from this high up. From up here, you can't see all the horror that lies within the town. All you can see is buildings and lights. Everything is peaceful.

   Isaac straightens up, randomly. "Did you hear that?"

   "Hear what?" I keep my eyes trained on the  life below.

   "I think- I just heard dad scream." Isaac tilts his head to the side, quizzically.

   I pull my gaze away from the beautiful lights. "What?"

   Isaac climbs to his feet. "I heard him scream." He peers down at me. "You didn't hear it?"

   "No." I uneasily say. "How could I? He's no where around us."

   My brother frowns. Isaac climbs off of the rock, and heads back to his bike. "Something's not right. I think something happened to him."

   I remain rooted to the rock. "Good. I hope something did."

   "Just- come with me, okay?" Isaac throws his leg over his bike.

   Isaac ended up taking us downtown, all the way into a dark alley. Downtown has always given me the creeps at night. Our speed slows down as we turn down another alley. My breath gets stuck in my breath at the sight of dad's car parked in the middle of the alley. The driver's side door is wide open and a leg is hanging out. An odd colored puddle surrounds the door on the ground.

   Before Isaac could even stop, I jump off of the handlebars and run towards the car. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up as I draw closer.

   "Chloe, wait!"

   I slow down to a walk when I pass the rear of the car. The puddle is a deep red color and I cover my mouth with my hand when I recognize it as blood. Oh my god. Slowly, I step closer, eyes analyzing the whole car. The leg leads up to a blood soaked body on the front seats. Long claw-like marks scratch up the whole chest, all the way up to my dad's face.

   A scream pierces through the air as I fall backwards on the rain soaked ground. I quickly scoot far away from the crime scene. My dad is dead. Someone- or something- murdered him.

   "Chloe! Chloe, shh!" Isaac lifts me up from underneath my arms. I fall back into his chest, gaping in horror.

   "Oh my god! Isaac- I- chest slashed- blood- dad's dead." My hands fly around until I find his arm to grab on to.

   Isaac grabs my elbow. "We need to get out of here. I hear sirens."

+

   I've lost the ability to think straight. My dad is dead. Part of me is a little sad, yet the other part is realizing that I will never be forced in the freezer again. I'll never be beaten up by my own dad.

   What happens next?  Will Isaac and I be placed in a foster home? Are we going to get seperated? I can't live without Isaac. He gets me through everything. I need him.

   Speaking of my brother, he had to drag me away from the crime scene. I barely remember hopping on the handlebars. I'm not sure how I managed to not fall off while he was pedaling.

   "Chloe?" Isaac calls my name, but he sounds so distance. I feel like I'm having an out of this world experience.

   Isaac scoops me up in his arms once he realizes that I'm not fully here. I don't even know where he brought us. We go into a building and down a few stairs. "Derek?"

   Derek? How does he know he was here?

   "Derek!" Isaac clambers down a set of stairs.

   I strain to keep my eyes open, but my eyelids become too heavy for me. My eyes roll in the back of my head, everything becoming too much for me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm updating this twice in two days because I won't be able to update this weekend. I wanted to make up for it somehow. :)

Things are getting bigger. And, I lied on the last chapter where I said I was excited for this chapter. I meant chapter 5. That will be when things start getting interesting!

Question: Do you think Chloe will become super confident like Erica or will she remain shy and quiet?

So, yeah!