CHAPTER 17- The Call

A/N: I'm in the middle of nowhere where internet connection is possible but very slow. I hope you enjoy this one. Love you guys!

Bård is in his office sitting with his palms cradling his head. He's been there since 6:00 waiting for Alija. Now it's 8:00 and she had not yet arrived. She's late. She'll be here soon. Bård thought.

He heard someone coming from outside. He stood up and quickly went out to see who's coming.

"Al?" he called.

"No. Is she not here yet?" Vegard replied.

Bård shook his head. "I'm getting worried."

Vegard went inside his office and Bård followed him.

"You ok?" Vegard asked referring to his bandaged hand.

"Yeah, but where would she go? Why would she leave me?" Bård asked pacing back and forth.

"Are you sure nothing happened?" Vegard asked.

"Yeah, I mean, we cleared things out, we did THE THING, and when I woke up, she's gone. I've been calling her since last night but she's not answering." Bård said with confusion in his face.

"You did't do anything wrong, did you?" Vegard said and threw Bård a dirty look.

"No. Oh, stop it Vegard. This is serious." Bård said annoyed.

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry. I can't see a reason why she left. Maybe she have some important things to do, so she left and then she'll just come back." Vegard tried to analyze the things.

"Yeah and not tell me or at least wake me up before she leaves." Bård said sarcastically.

"Come on Bård, it's not even 24 hours since she's gone. Maybe she's on her way here." Vegard said and gave Bård a reassuring tap in his shoulder.

"But she's never been late before." Bård said, still worried.

"She's late yesterday. Let's just wait." Vegard said to make Bård feel better.

The day went by with Alija still not showing up. If not for Vegard, Bård had long left the office to look for Alija but he fought the urge to leave the taping. After the taping, Bård went directly to the dressing

room and change to normal clothing. Bård is reay to go when  Vegard came to change.

"You leaving?" Vegard asked his brother.

"Yeah. I'm going. Bye." Bård said and motioned to the door.

"Wait! Where would you search for her?"

"I don't know. Her apartment. Anywhere." Bård said.

"I'm going with you." Vegard offered his help.

"Are you sure? It's getting late." Bård said.

"Yeah. I'll just call Helene." Vegard said. Then, Calle just entered their dressing room.

"Hey, you seemed to be in a hurry?" Calle asked to both of them.

"Yeah, we're looking for Alija. Come on Vegard." Bård replied.

"Yeah yeah, just wait for a mo." Vegard said unbottuning his shirt.

"I think you should not go." Calle said with his arms crossed and head down low.

"What? Why?" Vegard asked.

"Do you know something?" Bård asked suspiciously.

"Yeah. And it's better for you not to waste your time and strength in finding her." Calle said, still looking down, not facing them. He doesn't know how to break it to them.