1.2.interview

My breath started to hitch as I read the article, anxiety bubbled violently under my skin

My breath started to hitch as I read the article, anxiety bubbled violently under my skin. How could they know? Am I really that obvious?

Slowly, my anxiety grew ferociously, I have never been this nervous before. And it was all due to the repeated anxious thoughts that realised how embarrassing this situation could potentially be. Especially since I could be directly questioned about my celebrity crush.

Staring at the white walls of the corridors backstage I realised how irrational I was being. What are the chances that anyone would read that article? I assured myself comfortingly.

Suddenly a sharp shrill pierced into the silent anxiety of the room.Once I saw the caller ID my shoulders, coated in the sheer white material, sagged in relief.

"So, you like the one with the greasy hair then?" Daisy said in disbelief. Obviously having read the article, my heart thumped faster as my anxiety grew.

Irritation of my inner fan released swiftly from the depths of my mind. "He doesn't have greasy hair;it just glows with beauty." I defended my crush which she readily disagreed with.

Daisy replied with a mocking tone " Yeah and I glow with glitter." Even though I wasn't there I could still imagine her pulling the face she always did when she was sarcastic on the other side of the phone.

"This is why I didn't want to you to know, or anyone else." I muttered to myself under my breath.

Glancing at the generic clock on the wall, I saw that I was due on stage in less than five minutes.Adding more weight to my already monumental amount of nerves that were most likely going to appear at the most awkward opportunity imaginable.

"Bye, sorry. I've got to be on in a minute."I declared, not letting her answer and ending the call. Which I'm not sure I should have done, considering I'll get numerous text messages until I answer all the probing questions.

Exiting my room, I stalked towards the deep red curtains, awaiting my cue nervously.

Anxiety bubbled and multiplied, as I was always nervous for interviews, they always make me feel like I am put under a giant microscope, inspected by thousands of examiners.

As the host was leading up to my introduction, I tried to whisper words of encouragement to myself in attempt to ease some anxiety. However, my attempts failed to lessen my anxiety.

With a deep breath I heard my name, and I walked onto the stage with an artificial confidence that has been labelled by Daisy as the 'glamour' walk.

"Please welcome, the talented, June Hill." James Corden exclaimed in an extremely enthusiastic manner.

I greeted him excitedly as I could, as I tried to get rid of any nerves that may have built up due to the exposing article. And I stepped as gracefully as possible as I could in my high-heels to the bright purple sofa.