The Lonesome Road

"Claudia, are you sure you want to stay on this tour?" Josie asked Claudia who was lying on the bed crying. 

"Mum, what do you mean by that?" Claudia asked turning to face her mum. They both sat up on the bed.

"Sweetie, you have a husband who misses you and loves you. You love him too." Josie explained and Claudia shook her head. 

"I don't think he does anymore." Claudia replied as she nearly cried again.

"Let me tell you something." Josie said crossing her legs over. Claudia looked up at her mum. "When I was seventeen and I met your father, I was touring on broadway around London. Your dad was asked to go on tour and he said no to be with me. Then we had your brother. Your dad could of been something special but he said no for me. Look how happy we are. You have been on tour if you leave you still have a shot with Nathan." Josie explained and Claudia looked at her wedding ring lying beside her.

"How do you know?" She asked and Josie took her daughters hand.

"Claudia, you wouldn't of asked for my permission for this marriage if it meant nothing to you. I am not going to sit here and let you throw marriage away." Josie said sternly and Claudia looked at her ring again, asking herself if she made a mistake.

___

Nathan walked up to the bar that Taylor worked at.

"How bout a gin and tonic?" Nathan asked and Taylor turned around smirking. 

"How bout I see some ID?" Taylor asked jokingly and Nathan held up his fake ID before placing it on the bar. Taylor laughed. "So, what brings you to town, sailor?" She asked smirking as she handed him back his ID.

"I just wanted to check out The Swinging Donkey; see if it's really as... classy as everybody says it is." Nathan sighed and Taylor raised an eyebrow.

"Hmm, what d'ya think?" She asked excitably.

"Not so much." Nathan replied and Taylor smiled. "But, it does have one thing I'm kinda craving." Nathan continued. 

"I know, gin and tonic." Taylor gasped as she took out a glass.  

"Yeah, that too." Nathan smirked and Taylor smiled back. 

"I guess my phone call worked. You staying the night?" She asked pouring him a drink.

"I don't know. Haven't thought that far ahead." Nathan replied.

"Well, I'm house-sitting the apartment upstairs. You're welcome to stay with me if you like." Taylor explained as she set the glass in front of him. "What d'ya say?" She asked smiling. 

"Sounds like a plan." Nathan replied and Taylor placed a straw in his glass grinning. 

___

Taylor and Nathan were chatting about Claudia when a girl ran up to them.

"Taylor, come on, we need you now!" The girl shrieked and Taylor looked at Nathan. 

"We'll talk about this later, I gotta get to work!" Taylor exclaimed and Nathan looked confused.

"I thought you said your shift was over!" Nathan replied. 

"Somebody's gotta pay for these drinks!" Taylor laughed as she put a cowboy hat on. The music started up and Taylor, along with other girls, climb on the bar and dance. The crowd all cheer and Nathan was clearly enjoying it. A girl jumped off the bar and placed a cowboy hat on Nathan before she dragged him to the bar. The girls all switch their attention onto him. Nathan drank as the girls all danced around him.