Being alone is the thing I feared terribly, the feeling of having no one to care about you is the worst one I can think of. I'm only a child who fears that she may be alone one day.

The screeching intensified as I placed my hands over my ears, stepping backwards, it continued to come closer, tears streaming down my face like a waterfall.

"Please leave me alone!" I screamed, lowering my hands before running away from it, my shoes bounding again the concrete floor. My vision which was blurry from my tears didn't help much as I felt something grab onto me. "The protector of the boy." A voice whispered before I saw black.

I sat up gasping, my heart racing as tears ran down my cheeks. "It was only a dream." I mumbled, wiping my palm over my cheeks to get rid of any tears that my be lingering.

The howling of the wind blew against my window, causing my dark blue curtains to blow forward, the breeze felt nice against my skin that felt burning hot.

I removed my duvet from my body before climbing out of bed. I walked towards my window and sat on the seat which was placed next to it. The winds breeze touched my face gently, almost lulling me back to sleep.

The moon illuminated the sky, along with the stars, a bright smile appeared on my face before I placed head against the wall, closing my eyes gently.
.
.
.
I walked out of my room with a frown on my face. "Still not feeling well?" My mother asked, placing some Eggos onto a plate.

"Mmm-mm." I hummed shaking my head, she sighed and walked over, placing her hand over my forehead. "Huh." She muttered, walking over to the cupboard and pulled out a thermometer.

After a few minutes of having the thermometer in my mouth she took it out and furrowed her brows.

"What's wrong? Do I have a fever?" I asked, leaning forward in my chair.

"No, the opposite actually" she spoke "it's cold. Do you feel cold?"

"No." I shook my head, it was true, I felt normal. "Just a little weird, almost like I'm still asleep."

She gave me a look "I might call the doctors."

"No, please don't." I shook my head "you know I hate the doctors."

"Okay." She spoke slowly. "I'm going to run you a nice hot bath to warm you up." She smiled. "While I'm doing that, eat." She pointed towards the plate of Eggos before she proceeded to walk towards the bathroom.

"Are you going to school?" Dustin asked, walking into the kitchen, stealing one of my Eggos.

"No, she isn't." Our mom spoke walking into the room. "She's sick."

"Oh, okay." Dustin nodded, walking over and giving me a hug. "I'll tell the others at school, Mike may be worried."

I laughed and smiled, watching as Dustin kissed our mom's cheek before leaving the house.

After few minutes my bath was ready, I walked into the bathroom and immediately stopped, a pain rippled through my body, sweat running down my face and neck, I felt fear.

I shook my head and turned around, walking out of the room "Mom, it's too hot." I spoke.

She gave me a weird look and followed me into the bathroom, she sat on the edge of the bath and felt it "it feels cold to me, baby, but I can warm it up."