"You trickster!"

He wiggled his brows unaware of her going to bite his neck. She immediately palmed her eyes.

"Oh you're paying off, my lioness!"

And food was served.
- - - -

"Were you outta your mind. This fool would've ruined everything Anna!"

The Inspector was burning in rage while addressing the tall,dark man who had shot Vihaan.

"I'll be careful next time." he replied, his arms crossed and head bent.

"Not a big deal. Let him go Inspector." another man said distastefully rolling his eyes before spitting the arecanut he was chewing.

"He's a journalist for heaven's sake! We wouldn't want our names published in magazines and newspapers. What if something happened to him?"

"I'd spoke to that boy as soon as he entered the village event held two nights back. He has no connections with local publishers. Neither does he know anyone around much." the man stretched his legs over a teatable, picking his teeth.

The Inspector shook his head.
"But no one's gonna stop me from chasing him away from this place."
- - - -

"Life and death;
Without one there cannot be the other.
For some it's short, but they live it like no other.
For most it's long, and to be happy they don't ever bother.
Life cannot be lived without the love of others."

The sizzling sound of the balls of *mangalore bajji batter dropped in boiling oil at the little hotel, disturbed his thoughts as he subconsciously listened to Kalinga's string of words.

"Vihaan.."
Shankar master pointed at the bajjis that laid untouched on the plate before him.
"You look dreadful. Haven't you eaten anything?"

"Sometimes the people who we trust the most, leave us alone before we even notice. Life never gives what we want so easily."
Kalinga spoke looking away from the two eyes which were fixed on him.

Shankar master faked a smile,
"Isn't there anyone who's seen your wife in this village?"

Vihaan was still silent and turned to see a group of men. One was tossing a coin into the air and clapping his hands. Vihaan's eyes widened.
"Yes! Why didn't I think of him before? "

"Anna.."
Rafiq rushed into the middle of the scene.

"Where's Naarnu?" Vihaan questioned without letting him talk.
"Go get the jeep. Hurry! "

Rafiq returned and the two quickly got in.

Behind was a person watching them, just about get down from a red car. Finally Vihaan was located! The car backed their's but lost track as they sped towards an old, worn out house.It was small and dark.

Vihaan scanned the dingy dwelling and proceeded towards an area which seemed like the kitchen, when suddenly a woman with messy hair and torn clothes leaped towards him. He held a shelf for support while he saw her screaming senselessly and treading all over the place.

An old man pulled Vihaan out.

"Where's Naarnu and who is that?" he turned to the house from where noises refused to come to an end.

"That's Naarnu's wife, sir. Pity her condition since that lad left her to face this cruel world all alone." the white-bearded man answered.

"What!"
Vihaan couldn't believe his ears. Now his sole evidence was erased! But why?

"He passed away two days ago. We told him to be aware of the guddada bhūtha. Finally, his life was snatched by the same. We don't know why he was targeted this time."
The old man wiped his tears with the towel hanging from his shoulder.

"This place isn't safe. Go away! The guddada bhūtha is preying on everyone. He's HUNGRY! Go away!"
......................................................................

Back after quite some time. 😇 I don't know how I should apologize for being so late. Please show mercy guys! 🙌🙏

Its a game of hunger.
Why are people disappearing suddenly?

What role do the police and other men have to play in this?

The guddada bhūtha is back to swallow his preys, is he?

Tell me what you feel guys. Waiting to hear from you lovelies after so long! 😍

Poem Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poems/life/life/