Prologue

All she remembered was that her heart was racing and pounding in her chest, almost bursting and it burned. It burned really bad as the sound caught in her ears over the wind during her free fall. Anger was the one thing in her heart, mind, and soul during that time until there was nothing but pain and darkness with some sort of wetness under her and she blacked out.

As Ashley opened her eyes, she took in her surroundings. She was in a white room and on a somewhat comfortable bed, it wasn't nearly as comfortable as her bed back at home. She could see that there was a window but a blue curtain was covering it, then it dawned on her that she was in some sort of hospital and the memoires started flooding back to her.

Had her siblings survived the free fall? They certainly weren't in the room with her. Would she ever get to see them again? Did Father know about all this? Oh, he would be furious. Nigel Uno had gotten his pipe, then one thing led to another and they had fallen. Even though she was brainwashed, she understood now. The Kids Next Door hadn't tried to make her good again and even though she had snapped out of it, she was still so angry with them.

Father would be far beyond most unsatisfied. She feared his response to this whole situation. He might not get her another birthday cake for the rest of her life. She respected him just as her siblings did, which also meant that she feared him greatly as well.

That's when she was alerted by a slight creaking and a gasp, she turned her head a little to see a very shocked woman in a nurse's outfit. The woman left in a hurry and a few minute later, another woman came in, but this one looked like she was in a doctors outfit.

"Hello." This new woman greeted as she held up a clipboard. "I'm Doctor Lassie. What's your name?"

"Ashley Uno." The young girl stated in her monotone voice as she stared at the brunette, she was probably in her early fifties by the looks of it.

"And how old are you?" 

"Nine."

"Do you know those other kids that were found with you? The girl was wearing similar clothes that we found you in." Th doctor stated, it was then that Ashley noticed that she was in a hospital gown.

"Her name's Constance, she's my sister." The dirty blonde stated.

"And the boys?"

"Those are my brothers. David is taller, Lenny wears a helmet all of the time, and Bruce is the youngest of us." She stated. "Are they alright? What happened?"

"We'll tell you later. Do you have any family that we could contact, a phone number?" 

The blonde gulped as she told the woman Father's phone number, the woman then left as the girl began to get nervous and more nervous. She was already stressed out from not knowing the condition her siblings were in. And now she would probably have to face their father, alone. She had never done that before by herself, she hadn't spoken a word to him all by herself. She was having difficulty saying 'I' instead of 'we' because she was so used to her siblings being there with her. 

About an hour later, the door opened again, but this time she got nervous as she saw Father come in through the door. He wasn't his usual self, his hair was in a mess and he looked more stressed than usual. 

"What happened exactly, Ashley?" He asked with his hands on his hips. She took a deep breath as she told him the whole story, all of it. He didn't say anything and just nodded as he went to go ask the nurse something. That's how it all started, anyway.