Snowman (Paperman short inspired one-shot)

Author's Note: Hey guys! So I've seen Paperman and I decided to make a fanfic based off that short. I don't exactly ship Jelsa (this was originally supposed to be a Helsa fanfic) but I thought that the story would work better with Jelsa. Besides, I wanna do something nice to all those Jelsa shippers out there. So, without any more futher ado, hope you enjoy this! : D

P.S: I've seen tons of Paperman/Jelsa crossover art like the one I'm using as a cover here, but I'm not certain if they've made a fanfic like this. If there is one, I'd like to know about it. ; )

*******************

The weather was a gentle breeze as the young man set off for work. His hands full of paperwork he just finished last night. As you might notice, he seemed too young to even be working. But don't be fooled by his appearance! He's older than he seems.

Just as he was standing next to the train tracks, the wind started to pick up, making some of the people's paperwork fly away. The young man, or whom I prefer to call Jack, held his paperwork tightly to prevent the wind from taking it away.

As the wind slowly died down, a piece of paper landed on his shoulder. And as it flew away, a girl caught it then stood next to Jack in order to get on the first train. Not much contact was made. Of course they never knew each other so it wasn't much necessary. But unexpectedly, the wind started picking up again and one of Jack's paperwork flew out of his arms and landed on the girl's face. Jack slightly laughed and he peeled the paper off her face. He admired the girl's beauty whilst doing so. The girl, or should I say Elsa, opened one of her eyes as Jack took off the paper. Elsa was grateful of the stranger's actions. She glanced at the paper then stifled a laugh. Wondering what the girl was laughing at, he looked at the paper he was holding and found out why. The girl's lipstick smudged off to the paper leaving a mark. Both laughed hard for a straight minute. Finally, the train arrived and Elsa boarded it, exchanging looks with the stranger as she was doing so. Jack waved her goodbye as the train left, leaving him waiting for the next train.

Jack arrived at work exhausted. It was only the beginning of a much more exhausting day. The accountant sat down as he began excavating the enormous 'Mount Paperwork'.

While working, he looked at the paper with the girl's lipstick. Yup, she was darn pretty. Platinum blonde hair, pale skin, full lips.... she was gorgeous.

He thought about her for a while. It was unlikely that they would ever meet again. He has met many strangers on his train commute every single day. But none of them were ever seen again.

Jack snapped out from his imagination and let out a deep sigh. Looking at 'Mount Paperwork', he knew there was a lot to do.

................................

It was a windy day! And the wind picked up again, making a sheet of paper fly off the window. Jack reached out for it but failed. But as he did, he noticed a familiar person in the other building across the street. It was her! He waved his arms on an attempt to capture her attention. It turned out to be no use. An idea sparked in his mind like a light bulb. He thought of making paper planes. He took a paper from his desk and folded it here and there...

Fluwop! First try didn't work. Tries again and... flip, tumble... Neither did that. Jack folded and threw out so many paper planes just to get her attention but fails with every try. Soon enough, he ran out of paper and tried to think of another way.

A glance on his desk and he found the paper with Elsa's lipstick on it. Just as he was about to get it, his boss whom I refer to as North, puts his hand on the desk to get Jack back to work. No time for games.

North just stood there and eyed him as the accountant gulped hard. He left Jack's working counter and cleared his throat as he spotted Anna, another accountant, goofing off. As soon as North left, Jack took hold of the paper and folded it into an airplane.

Just one small fold here and one small fold there and we're done! Jack was as ready as ever to fly the paper plane out of the window. He took a deep breath as he readied himself to swing an arm.

But then again, the sly wind up to its tricks again blew away Jack's last hope of getting Elsa's attention. Determined not to lose that chance, Jack sprang out if the office into the avenue to retrieve the paper plane...

Into the avenue he went and he ran until he finally caught the plane. But as he did, he realized that he didn't know where that girl was. Surely she was gone from that office. Despair ran through his veins as he accepted defeat. A swing of the arm and the plane flew away....

............................

People say that urban magic doesn't exist. They say that a miracle happens only in a book or a film. But true love itself in New York City, is just enough to make paper fly....

Tip, top, tip, top... The paper planes that had gathered in an alley, now slowly coming to life...

Jack just put his hands into his pockets as he slowly walked back to his office. A rustling sound seemed to follow him. He turned around to see what was making that rustling sound and was in for a surprise. In an instant, he was surrounded by a hundred airborne paper planes forcing him away from his office.

...............................

Elsa wandered off after she finishing her work. She went to her favorite flower shop where she saw a crocus which was her favorite flower. A thump was heard and she looked from afar and saw a paper plane with a familiar mark. She reached out for it flew away. Curious to know what it was, she ran after it.

And on an adventure where both of them are being pulled together by magic. One pushed by a swirling storm of paper planes, the other driven by curiousity. Finally the two bump into each other as they reach the very same place where they first met. Just as they walked closer to each other, the sun set between them. Perfect for two...