SpencerxReader

Requested by: @Prettyinblack28
(Also, y/h/c stands for your hair color:)

Y/n hated her social anxiety. She could feel completely normal one second and then the next feel like she was drowning in her own thoughts. Her job as a Profiler in the BAU meant she had to deal with people quite often; but it always lead to her constantly beating herself up over how badly she thought she handled talking to everyone. She never knew the right or wrong things to say and sometimes felt like banging her head against a table for some of the things she did say. Human beings made her feel uncomfortable and like she was just embarrassing herself further.

That is, all except Dr Spencer Reid. Reid had become one of her best friends ever since she started working at the BAU. He understood her awkwardness was just her trying to blend in with everyone around her in an attempt to avoid embarrassment and failure. Reid struggled with social interactions too, so it made sense that they were comfortable around each other. Neither one felt like they had to say the perfect thing or act a certain way; they could just be themselves and not have to worry about what the other thought.

However, times like this for y/n made things t harder on her. A woman who had been missing for nearly a week only had 24 hours left, which meant that the team was running out of time. Hotch And JJ had arranged a press conference to try and reach out to the unsub. But the unsub had a pattern of only kidnapping girls with y/h/c hair; the same color hair that y/n had.

So, because y/n was the only one they thought could actually get through to the unsub, Hotch had asked her to do the press conference. Y/n couldn't stop her hands from shaking at the thought of cameras in her face and people shouting questions at her.

Thoughts of doubt kept surfacing in y/n's mind. What if she just made the unsub angry and he killed the victim? What if she didn't say the right answer to a question and everyone got mad at her? What if she couldn't get through to the unsub?

She wiped her hands on her pants, looking around the room at all of the reporters waiting for her to walk out onto the little stage. I can't do this flashed through her mind and she spun on her heels, beginning to sprint towards the woman's restroom, ignoring the looks of confusion and concern that her team was giving her.

She opened the door, immediately splashing some cold water onto her face to try and get rid of the sweat that had appeared. Her stomach felt like it was in knots as she failed to get air into her lungs, nearly falling onto the ground with how much emotion she was feeling all at once. Why can't I do anything right?! She yelled at herself in her head, suddenly disgusted by the image of herself in the bathroom mirror. Her breathing was still shallowed and barely there; she sank down onto the bathroom floor, trying to calm herself as her thoughts attacked her one by one.

Y/n barely registered the bathroom door opening, as she now had her head placed between her knees while she tried not to cry. But the voice that she heard made her pause and look up. Spencer had chased after her, knowing exactly what was wrong with his best friend the second he saw all of the color drain out of her face right before she ran away.

"Hey, hey, y/n, look at me. Can you hear me?" He gently placed his arms around her, holding her tightly as tears began to fall down y/n's cheeks.

She nodded a little bit, unable to speak yet, as she let him comfort her on the bathroom floor. His arms made her feel like he was holding all of her broken pieces together; like he was the only thing in the universe keeping her from falling apart right now.

"Everything's going to be okay y/n... You'll do great. I know it's not that easy and it won't just magically make all of your worries go away, but hopefully it helps to hear." Reid entry kisses her forehead, still holding her close to his chest.