His eyes filled with concern and his forehead wrinkled with worry. He was so beautiful. Her mate. A tear slipped from her eye.

"I'm sorry." She whispered hoarsely. She was sorry for killing that wolf like a monster. She was sorry that her mate had a broken past.

You're hurt. Where are the spare clothes? He asked.

She weakly looked in the direction of where they normally place their clothes. He laid her gently down on the ground before walking over to the bush. A few minutes later he came back with a shirt that he helped her in. She winced in pain as he helped her.

He carried her quickly back to the pack. They found Yulian running towards him. He looked frantic and worried.

"What the hell happened?" He growled.

"I don't know. Wolves. Not rogues. One is alive." Natalya was mumbling incomplete sentences because she was slowly losing consciousness from the loss of blood.

Yulian seemed to understand what she was talking about. He nodded and waved for Constantin to take her inside before taking a few warriors and heading out to the area that Natalya and Constantin were fighting.

Constantin walked her inside to the medical wing where everyone worked frantically in saving their Alpha's life. He laid her down gently on the hospital bed. They tried pushing him out but he refused to. He shook his head and remained rooted to the spot.

The bite on her neck was deep and it seemed to be an endless river of blood that seeped from the wound. His heart felt like it was shriveling in his chest with each passing second that she didn't open her eyes. The doctors worked frantically. He knew he should step out of the way but he couldn't.

He couldn't risk leaving her side. He needed to know she will be okay. It seemed like hours that they worked in trying to control the bleeding before it finally stopped. Her breathing was shallow and her lips were parched white. He maintained a calm composure on the outside but on the inside he was in so much pain seeing her like this.

Frustration rolled around in the pit of his stomach and his heart wept at the sight of Natalya unconscious form. He blamed himself for not being able to protect her. This was another reason why she was better off without him.

By now, most doctors and nurses left; only the immediate emergency doctors were there to do their last check on Natalya. The door to the hospital room opened and Constantin tore his gaze finally from Natalya to look.

Many people stood before him. All of them tried to squeeze through the door at once; fighting their way in. Yulian mumbled a few things before ordering them to all come in one at a time or no one will be able to enter.

Constantin caught sight of a woman who was older but had the same violet colored eyes at Natalya. Behind him stood a man whom Constantin could only guess was her mate because he stood protectively over her. Two other couples stood next to them. They looked older but the facial features of the man told Constantin that he was someone close to Natalya. Lastly, behind them stood two more couples who had the aura of a beta; they looked friendly.

"Who is this?" The woman asked.

"That is Alpha Constantin. He is Natalya's mate." Yulian announced.

"What?" They all sputtered at once.

"How can this be?"

"Why wasn't I informed of this?"

"I thought something happened to-ow!" The woman to who Constantin was sure was Natalya's mother slapped the beta over the head.

"I'm so sorry. We do not mean to be rude. It just came as a shock to see you here." She smiled softly at Constantin. "My name is Roza. The man behind me is my mate, Nikolai."

She pointed to the one who had similar facial features at Natalya. "This is Alpha Maksim, Natalya's only brother. Beside him is his mate Octavia and in her arms is their pup, Leon."

"These two here are our former Betas." She introduced them all. Constantin couldn't believe it. Natalya had a huge family. He nodded his greeting and Roza smile slipped a little.

"Alpha Constantin is mute." Yulian hurried to explain.

Understanding dawned on Roza's face and many of them wore sympathetic looks. "That is perfectly fine and good to know."

They glanced at the bed then. Soon, everyone surrounded Natalya's sleeping form. Alpha Maksim and her father grilled the doctors with questions; barking at them when they didn't receive an answer they didn't like.

"How did this happen?" Roza asked.

"We aren't exactly sure. The ones that were able to find their way through the pack borders were not rogues. Their scent told us they are from a pack." Yulian explained.

And so it went with the family catching up on all that had happened. It didn't take long before Constantin felt comfortable around them. Turns out that Roza also learned signing.

His gaze eventually found his way back to his mate where he moved to hold her hand in his. The sparks were still there. It was enough to reassure him everything will be alright.

 It was enough to reassure him everything will be alright