Prologue

Megha's POV-

I was sitting alone in 'his' room, waiting for 'him' to come and soothe my pain, but he never came.

After an hour or so he came, wearing the reception ceremony's sherwani, and came beside me in the bed.

It was our first night after wedding together. I was hoping he will talk to me and understand my situation and we will sort out our problems. But that never happened.

He jerked my veil and slapped across my face so hard that my ears started to ring and the nose-pin I was wearing cut my lips, causing it to bleed as it was a traditional big round nose-pin with a jhumka hanging from it. I was looking at him in complete shock but he didn't give me much time, he grab my hair bun, dragged me out of the bed and threw me in the floor.
"You will never be my wife, never. You ugly bitch, who do you think you are? Huh? Even after I rejected you a million times you had the guts to do that?",he said
I got up as it was easier to protest while standing than sitting and said,"Look, Sneha eloped with her boyfriend and as you were already in the marrige hall so uncle and aunt told me to dress up as her and sit in the marrige-"
"Shut up you fucking bitch!! You think I don't know your true witch face? Well, I've known you better than your parents. You provoked my fiancé to elope with her boyfriend so that you can marry me isn't it? Oh yeah, of course it is."
"Please. It's not what you are thinking. I never did such things. You are assuming the wrong-"
"Save it you fucking slut. Just remember I will never love you, not ever. So never try to be my wife cause I don't even give a flying fuck about this marriage, I just wish this 1 year to end as soon as possible so that I can divorce you and free myself from a selfish, ugly, uneducated bitch like you. Now get the fuck out of my room. And remember never touch my things in this room, never sleep on the bed, never try to get close to me and mostly never wear this sindoor (vermilion) and those white-red bangles along with the ring. Tomorrow you can remove them but now GET OUT"
Saying that he grabbed my hair and slapped me again on my other cheek and threw me out of his room slamming the door on my face.

My mother-in-law was just outside our room in the hall. She looked at me with hate and disgust before leaving me alone in the hall of their house.

I sat on the floor. Then I realized that I was crying. I never knew my life will change so much in this 48 hours. First my own parents disowned me, then my 'husband' throw me out of the room, and my in-laws won't accept me along with my husband.
How will I survive in this house?

I love him more than anything else in the world yet he treated me like shit. What did I do to deserve such pain? Will he ever listen to me? Will he ever believe me? I don't know... I just wanted to live a happy life, now my life has became the most miserable one....God please save me....