Chapter 56 - A Big Mistake

Začít od začátku

My mind roared when I heard the single heartbeat was increasing into three, then four then five. Each beat sounding out through the air strongly like a calling drum. Each beat pulling me towards them. Each beat causing the air to permeate with smells that were so gloriously delicious that my mouth watered as they drifted across my tongue.

There were subtle difference to the scents but my mind didn't really care. All it registered was the all consuming desire to have the scent as mine. To claim whatever produced such a fragrance as my own.

My ears listened intently as I made the final approach. Wheels turned on a gritty path and english voices talked.

It didn't matter the words, nothing mattered except those heartbeats.

In a blur I leapt from the forest hurtling into what seemed like a carriage, knocking it into a splintered mess on the make shift road.

A soft body crushed to my mouth, the flesh soft under my teeth, almost too soft to give me any satisfaction as I bit down. But when I did, when my teeth sliced through the tissue-like surface, it released an ambrosial liquid to pulse down my throat. Blood. The first mouthful was so sweet and thick; it swirled around my mouth in a paroxysm of taste and richness.

Closing my eyes, I pulled the salty, tangy nectar from the faceless figure in my arms. Never had I been so desperate and needy for anything in my existence. I craved the warmth, the taste, and the power to the point that my body itched with frustration. I couldn't get enough; the blood rush wasn't fast enough. With one long draught, I heard the heart beats stutter and thud to a stop as its purpose for beating disappeared into me. The satisfaction of ending a life was so great that I felt nothing else. The rapture burned within me and started to spread to my extremities until I was wholly engulfed by the spinning, tumbling euphoria. The animal within me roared in pleasure, and I dropped to my knees, overcome by the ravishing delirium for a second before the fire raged again.

One was not enough. A fact that both frustrated and thrilled me. I would to have more; I had to feed this euphoria. My body whirled through the victims, their faces escaping my monstrous consciousness. Two did not fill me. Three did not tame the fire. Four fed my addiction but left me needing. But five was too much. The fifth brought recognition to my mind, and the fifth was given a vague identity. A man, the only one who did not die at my mouth but in my hands as I caught him escaping, pathetically trying to drag his broken body across the floor. I ended his life kindly. A simple snap of his neck, and he suffered no more. A simple snap of his neck, and I was forced to realise what I had done.

My mind came around from the bloody haze that had been placed on my sense of reason. When my predator faded into the background my human side was left to face the consequences of my animalistic nature.

My new eyes took in the scene within moments.

Five human bodies lay scattered in broken damaged formations, body parts dislodged and twisted in odd ways where my hands had grasped to hard. Blood spilled out from their wounds and painted the ground in a gruesome sight. It no longer held any appeal to me, instead making my stomach roll with a pointless human reflex. It wasn't really due to nausea but the disgust I had for myself and the results my actions had caused.

Five human lives extinguished in a matter of seconds by my frenzied attack.

I didn't even give them the dignity of a peaceful death. Instead I had forced them to die while they screamed and pleaded, weak and helpless against the monster that raged within me.

The carnage cloaked my mind and it seemed like the world grew silent, paying respect to the helpless humans I had murdered. Ensuring it was quiet enough for me to be forced to face the brutality I had inflicted on these people.