Part 32 - Thoughts

Start from the beginning

I watch as Liam walks up to her and starts a conversation. They both laugh and talk. Y/N turns around to close her locker and our eyes meet. 

She stares into my eyes for a minute as if she's trying to find something. But just as quickly as her eyes found me, her gaze left me and back to Liam. 

The two headed to their first class, which is with me sadly. 

Something about Y/N changed, and I'm not sure if it's good. 

Your POV: 

I walked into algebra with Liam by my side.  A couple minutes after we walked in, Peter followed. My eyes instantly shift to him as he makes his way to the back of the room. 

"Hey, you OK?" Liam asks. 

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I turn back to the teacher as she was starting the lesson. 

"Alright, we are starting a new project, you will rarely have time to do this in school so I suggest you and your partner should find a place and time to meet up and work on it," 

I hate partner project since I always end up doing all of the work. 

"Can we pick our partners?" Flash raises his hand and asks. 

"Nice try Flash, but I will be picking partners," She walks over to her desk and picks up a piece of paper, which I assume has our groups on it. 

I listen as she calls out people's names, some people are happy and some are sad about their partners. 

"...Liam and Nia," She calls out. 

Liam looks disappointed as he realizes that he is partnered up with Nia, the captain of the volleyball team, and a complete dumb-bell. 

"Good luck," I mouth to him. 

He gives a disappointed smile, I smile back at him until I hear my name called. 

"Y/N and Peter,"My face freezes as I realize who I was just partnered with. 

I couldn't stop the temptation and I listen to Peter's thoughts, "This should be fun," he thinks. 

I can't help but respond, "I couldn't agree more,"        

I turn around to see him staring back at me confused, "You 're listening in on my thoughts,"  

"What are you thinking about that could be a secret? Oh, maybe how you wish I was never Gemini? Oh wait, that's not a secret," 

"Can we please talk about that night?" Peter thinks. 

"I believe there's nothing to talk about, you already told me exactly how you feel." I shut off my thoughts to him and I leave his mind. 

I turn around back in my seat and I notice Liam was watching me, "Talking to Peter?" he asks, "through thoughts?" 

"Was it that obvious?" I slump down into my seat embarrassed. 

"No, it just looked weird, you guys kept staring at each other." 

I groan and feel my cheeks flush. 

Peter's POV:

"I just can't believe that out of the whole class I got partnered up with her," I tell Ned as we walk to lunch.

"So are you guys talking again?"

I don't answer him as we walk into the cafeteria and our eyes land on Y/N and Liam sitting together at a table. She's unpacking her lunch as Liam talks to her about something. She nods her head a couple of times and then looks up and meets my eyes.

After a couple seconds, she looks back to Liam, "I'm taking that as a no?" Ned asks.

"I just messed up Ned," We find a table and set our stuff down on it, "And now, she is with Liam all the time."

"Just ask her if you guys can talk," Ned takes his sandwich out of his bag and begins to eat.

"I tried to," I look over to her, "She said there's nothing to talk about,"

There's a lot we could talk about, a lot I have to tell her. But she won't talk to me.

"Because there is nothing to talk about," I hear Y/N's voice in my mind.

I look over at her to find her looking back at me, "Stop reading my thoughts,"

"Listen, Peter, you said some things that hurt me," She replies.

"I didn't mean any of it,"

She says something to Liam before turning back and looking at me,"Then why did you say it?"

"Peter?" Ned asks me.

I turn back to look at him, "I'll be right back."

I get up and walk over to Y/N's table.

YOUR POV:

Peter begins to walk over to my table.

"What's Peter doing?" Liam asks.

Peter reaches our table and looks nervous, "Hey can we talk?" He glances at Liam, "Alone?"

I look at Liam and back to Peter, then I get up and follow Peter out the door.

"What?" I cross my arms and look up at Peter.

"That night, I was upset and hurt and I didn't mean what I said." He looks at me and I look down to not let him see the tear that is streaming down my face.

"Peter, I think we just need some time apart," I hear my voice quiver.

He looks down, "And I'm done being Gemini,"

His eyes shoot up and meet mine, "There's no point, Queens only needs one superhero," I tell him.

"Y/N, I need you to help me, someone is selling dangerous weapons and one of them has a power like you," He whispers.

I look away from him because if I looked into his brown eyes I would've given in, and I can't give in. I'm not Gemini anymore, and I don't think I ever want to be her again. 

"You're on your own," I turn around and walk away leaving Peter standing there.

I go back to Liam at our table and sit down, "Hey is everything alright?" He asks.

I shake my head and feel my face crumple. I tuck my head into his shoulder as I begin to cry. 

I know I hurt Peter, but I also hurt myself as well. I truly missed Peter, but I'm scared to go back to him because I would hurt him again if he knew I was the one helping to sell the weapons. And I can't hurt him again.

-

-

-

-

A/N: Looks like things between you and Peter aren't good. Everything will be fine soon, for some people. Thank you guys for reading this and for all the nice comments. Love you guys!!

Love, 

MJ Xx