"Hey, FAMILY!" Josh said, walking through the door, backpack in hand. I grabbed it from him, spiriting away to Riley's room. I sat in the bay window, not knowing how long it would remain the same, how often I'd make it back to the Matthews household after I started college.

There was a knock on the door, and I instantly knew who it was.

"Come in, Josh." I called, and he walked in, not even surprised that I knew who it was.

"They still don't knock?"

"Mrs. Matthews does, sometimes. Mostly Auggie now, though. Mr. Matthews never does. I'd have called Auggie's name, but he's still at school." I said, and Josh nodded.

"Oh, cool. Anyways, why are you hiding in here? Come on, let's celebrate the ending of your schooling." He said, sitting by me.

"I can't." I said, putting my hand on the cushion of the bay window. "It's all changing, WE'RE all changing. This is happening too fast. Before long, we'll all be in different places in the country, and I don't know when we'll see each other. This is the only safe place anymore, the only place that never seems to change. The bay window has ALWAYS been there for me, it seems to know that I can't just change my world overnight."

"Maya, you need to look around. The world changes every day. Nothing stays the same. For instance, every winter, the trees lose their leaves. Every summer, the leaves come back. We grow up, it's a part of who we are." Josh said, and I nodded slightly.

"Still a scary place out there. It looks amazing, and beautiful, and an all-around amazing place. But once I knew about the world, suddenly it wasn't so bright and happy."

"It'll be fine. You were accepted into NYU?" Josh asked, and I grinned.

"Yeah."

"Well, you'll know somebody there. Somebody who was kind of embarrassed that you crashed a college party for him, but took you home anyways."

"I've said sorry, right?"

"I stuck up for you, right?"

"You let me tell them."

"I couldn't stop you. You did a grown-up thing, Maya. You're not so little anymore, I guess I have to stop looking at you that way."

"Thanks, means a lot to me."

"Did you feel a sense of familiarity as we said that?"

"That's what we said the day after, when I told the Matthews that me and Riles snuck out. In fact, me and you were sitting exactly like this."

I stood up, and Josh got up as well. We headed to the living room, where all of my friends, and the small amount of family I have left was standing. We all laughed for a good three hours, and then everyone had to leave, get on with their lives.

"Maya, you're spending the night." Riley said, and I used the argument that I had no clothes here anymore.

"Nope. Me and Katy went to grab your clothes. At least, enough for tonight and tomorrow. And yes, I have a TON of clothes for you, in case you "accidentally" spill something on them." Shawn said, and I glared at him.

"Thanks a lot, Shawn."

-Time Skip-

"Riles, you asleep?" I asked, not getting a response from her. "Riles, wake up."

I sighed, turning my phone on to look at the time. It read 11:15. I rolled out of bed as quietly as I could, and walked to the kitchen. The tv was on, but I just thought that was because someone forgot to turn it off. I turned to the living room, and saw Josh sitting on the couch.

"What're you doing out here?" We asked at the same time, and I had to laugh at us.

"I couldn't sleep, so I came out to get some water, see if that worked." I said, and Josh nodded.

"Neither can I. I won't fall asleep again, so I decided to watch a show." Josh said, and I walked over to the chair by the couch.

"Do you mind if I watch with you?"

"Nah, not at all." Josh said, and I smiled. We sat in silence, watching "Riverdale" in peace. I'd look over at him, grinning. He'd turn to look at me, but I'd turn my attention back to the screen on my right. I tried to get comfortable, but it wasn't working.

"Maya, come here."

"Um, what?"

"There's room on the couch. You've readjusted yourself seven times in the last three minutes."

I headed over to the couch, curling up by him. He slipped an arm behind my head, so I could get more comfortable.

"Maya, I know you might not care much anymore, but I do. I was gonna wait until your graduation, but this is way too tempting right now. So, if you still like me-" Josh said, and I cut him off.

"Are you SERIOUSLY ASKING ME OUT WHILE JUGHEAD IS ON SCREEN?!"

"I'll be quiet for a minute then." Josh said, and I turned my attention back to the screen.

-Time Skip-

We had watched 2 hours worth of Riverdale, and Josh was asleep. I smiled, and realized I was trapped in his arms. I tried to escape, but his grasp was too tight.

"Yes, you dork. Your answer from two hours ago is YES."

AN- And, there it is. The first chapter of my story. I don't own GMW, or Disney, or anything else except for the plot. And maybe a few characters. Would any of the characters like to say something?

Josh: Aw, me and Maya are actually pretty cute together!

Maya: You fell asleep before I could answer you!

Riley: Guys, Josh never even got to finish his sentence, and it was midnight when he asked! Shouldn't you wait until you both were awake?

Lucas: What's the point in that? They might as well be together.

Farkle: How about this? We go to the next chapter to figure out what happens?

Maya: I fall asleep, Josh is mine, we get married on the couch, the end.

Everyone: MAYA!

Maya: What?

Me: Anyways, before these guys get into a full-blown fight-

Maya: JOSH!

Josh: What?

Me: As I was saying-

Maya: I'M HUNGRY!

Me- CAN YOU ALL BE QUIET FOR THREE SECONDS?!

(Crickets heard in background)

Me- Next chapter will be up in a few hours, have a good day, and don't let these guys drive you insane too much. Bye.

Everybody- BYE!