Will decided to go with me back home, because he thinks that I will miss any 'significant details' that Vera has left. I disagree. He'll probably just end up distracting me and therefore will make the situation worse.

Anyway, it's not like I can stop him. The boy is persistent, and I'm easily persuaded.

Unfortunately, him coming all the way home with me means that I have to endure a whole train journey with him.

Currently, we're sitting in a two seater, therefore with no table, sharing a pair of headphones as we wait for our arrival.

"Stop staring at me." I tell him, knowing that he's on to something. "It's annoying."

He gives me a pained look, touching his chest as though I've stabbed his heart. "Am I not allowed to appreciate a woman's beauty?"

"Not when you want something."

Taking a bite of my sandwich that Olivia made, I look out of the window, trying to focus on the fields that zoom past us as we chug towards London.

"I'm just really hungry." He says, making a point to stare at my sandwich.

That's what it is. I'm surprised I didn't guess, to be honest. I swear he's more attracted to food than anything else in the world. "You already ate your sandwich." I say, rolling my eyes.

He frowns. "And?"

Shaking my head, I squish up to the window, trying to stop him from reaching my sandwich. Only, I'm pushed against it even further as Will moves closer to me, a smirk on his face.

As he inches forwards, I realise that I have no way out, and this is probably going to end his way. Nevertheless, I will not give up.

But then his lips are on my neck, kissing my skin softly. It's sudden, and it causes my cheeks to flush uncontrollably, eyes darting around the train to see if anyone has seen us. They haven't thankfully – but that doesn't stop my heart rate beating wildly. He carries on, his breath fanning down my neck, making my body heat up as the seconds go by.

Then he stops, and I realise why.
He's taken a bite from my sandwich, and is munching on it triumphantly.

Ohhh he is dead.

Dead.

I stare at him, mouth wide open. "What the hell."

"What?" He looks at me innocently, wiping his mouth not-so-discreetly.
"You'd better run."

"We're on a train?"

"You'd better fucking run. I mean it."

The plan is to go home, find whatever it is we're looking for, and hop back on another train before my parents get back

The plan is to go home, find whatever it is we're looking for, and hop back on another train before my parents get back. It's 2 o'clock at the moment, and they get back at about 6, meaning we have 4 hours to make sure we're out smoothly and efficiently.

When We Were Lying ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara