Chapter 11

"I HATE YOU. ESPECIALLY YOU, JACK!" Daniel screeched as he approached Jack and I.

Hold up. Let me back track to 5 minutes ago. 

"Are you sure this is right? I thought we were pranking Zach?" Jack whispered as I hovered above him in the backyard. 

"We are. But also Daniel." I smirked before pecking Jack's lips. 

"Sam." Christina gasped. 

"Whoa. I did not see that coming." I heard Zach say. 

"Neither did Daniel." Jonah added.

I looked over to see Daniel about to boil. He then couldn't take it anymore. 

"I HATE YOU. ESPECIALLY YOU, JACK!" Daniel screeched as he approached Jack and I.

"What did I do?" Jack asked innocently as I got off him. 

"Sam, you might have to leave." Jonah suggested calmly.

"Leave?! You can't possibly.. oh." I laughed nervously. 

Jonah raised an eyebrow at me. 

"Look, it was all just a prank so no need to get feisty." I added. 

"A prank?" Daniel asked me. 

I turned around and nodded at him. 

"Oh thank the Lord!" Daniel sighed.

"Did you really think that I would come here and not prank you?" I asked sarcastically.

"I knew it." I heard Christina mumble. 

Daniel then apologised to me by hugging me. 

"Dani, as much as I love your hugs, you can let go because you're about to squeeze all the oxygen out of me." I attempted to get out since Daniel was hugging me tightly.

"Oh, sorry, Sam." Daniel let go of me causing me to exhale loudly. 

"Oh by the way, remind me never to get on your bad side." I told Daniel.

"Just don't stir me up and you'll be fine." Daniel chuckled. 

"HEY ZACH! I need ya, buddy." I yelled at Zach even though he was a few metres away from me.

"What's up?" He approached me.

"I need to tell you something. But not here." I looked over my shoulder and winked at Jack and Daniel. 

"Alright." He lead me up to his shared room. 

I sat on the large bed and waited for Zach to shut the door. He then sat next to me. 

"Is everything okay?" He asked in a concerned tone.

"Not exactly." I sighed. 

"Why? What's happened?" He put his arm around me for comfort.

"There's just so much going on and I don't know how to deal with it all." I blurted out to him.

"Well, Sam, if I were you, I would probably take things slow and do it one at a time." Zach rubbed my arm. 

"Thanks Zach." I smiled weakly at him. 

"Come on, let's join the others." He suggested.

"Oh, um. Okay." I hesitated slightly. 

I followed Zach into the living room but stayed at least a meter away from him because I knew something was about to happen. 

"What the?" Zach gasped as a bucket of water was poured all over him.

And I was right. Something did happen.

"That, was for waking me up this morning with pots and pans." I said as I walked past a dripping Zach.

"Sam!" Zach growled.

"That's me." I stood next to Christina and Jonah. 

"I'm gonna go change. In the mean time, everyone get ready because I want to go to the mall." Zach announced before walking back to his room. 

"Looks like we're going to the mall." Christina shrugged.

"Fine by me." I added before going off to slip on my shoes. 

We all arrived at the mall and I was mostly hanging around Jonah. He was telling me all how about Minnesota. It was really interesting I wasn't even paying attention when we stopped at a section in each store. But I did pay attention when I saw Daniel talking to this girl. 

"It gets super cold during winter. And my dog, Sawyer, loves the snow." Jonah told me. 

"Uh huh. Sorry to interrupt but does that girl who is talking to Daniel, does she look like a fan to you?" I stared at the girl talking to Daniel.

"Not sure. She could be. Or maybe her sister is a fan. I don't really know." Jonah answered.

"Great." I mumbled.

I watched her talk to Daniel. Laugh. Smile. She was practically flirting with him. Her dark brown hair was out, she wore a light blue singlet with denim jeans and black boots. She had a red flannel tied around her waist and had her iPhone X in her left hand. I didn't know what to think of it.

"Daniel!" Zach called his name. 

I watched Daniel look down and type something into his phone. The girl smiled before walking away. Daniel turned around and jogged over to Zach and Jack. 

"I have to go." I whispered before walking past Jonah. 

I looked back and saw Christina and Corbyn laughing at something. Jonah was calling my name but I couldn't hear it. I saw Daniel look over his shoulder at me. I shook my head at him before running away. I ran into the public bathrooms. I looked at myself in the mirror then left the bathrooms. 

I then got an Uber back to my house. I was laying on my bed, thinking about what I saw. I soon starting doubting myself. I rubbed my eyes and got ready for a shower. As soon as I got out, Christina was sitting on my bed. 

"What happened?" She asked me. 

"When we were at the mall, I saw this girl talking to Daniel and I think they exchanged numbers or something. I just- I don't know what happened. I just left. Guess I felt jealous or something." I explained to her before crawling under my covers. 

"I see. Well, just don't worry about it for now. I'm sure the girl won't be a hassle towards you." Christina smiled at me. 

"Good night, Christina." I rolled over.

"Good night, Sam." She replied before turning the light off.