"I know." I say softly, bringing my eyes up slowly to meet his once again. "I just...I dunno. I feel like I lost that right a few weeks ago."

He nods, a sadness returning to his features. "Yeah."

Once again, we fall into a lapse of silence, the same awkward atmosphere wafting into the air, as if it's noticed by everybody. But it's not, because the rest of the people in the café are chattering loudly, laughing and slurping their drinks without a care in the world.

Avery returns to our table, placing our drinks in front of us slowly, eyes flitting between Will and I as if we're going to explode with conversation. When we don't, she sighs, throwing her hands up in the air with exasperation. "Sheesh! What will it take for you both to speak? Do I have to whack you or something?"

Will laughs, but it doesn't reach his eyes. "Thanks for the drink, Avery."

"No problem. I'm going to leave, but please, try and say something for the love of god!" She shakes her head, trotting to the table next to us with a displeased look on her face.

"I'm not moving schools." Will eventually announces, after pausing for a few seconds. He stares at his drink, touching his fingers on the glass.

I look up, my heart beating usually fast. "You're not?"

"No." He takes a sip of his milkshake, running a hand through his hair when he places the glass back on the table. "I was going to, but now I'm not."

"What made you change?" I ask, my voice unsteady and wobbling.

"You."

As our eyes connect, I seem to lose my breath, unable to focus with his intense gaze on me. Eventually he breaks it, but resumes the conversation. "You made me change."

I clear my throat. "Wh- why me? We haven't spoken..."

"I know. And that's exactly why. I missed hearing your voice every day. Waking up in the morning, motivating myself with the thought of seeing you. And then I realised. I realised that if I feel shit now, not even speaking to you, then I'll sure as hell feel shit if I were to move back to London. I would feel worse than shit, if that's even possible."

"But you said Winsor Dalton was boring." I say quietly, ignoring the flutter in my stomach at his previous declaration.

"I was being stupid." He replies, shaking his head slowly. "I was talking to one of my friends back home - something I shouldn't have done, anyway, and I thought that maybe if I went back to my old school, I wouldn't have had to explain to everyone why I lied about this whole experience. They'll all be devastated, Viola."

"But you didn't think about me." I stare at my hot chocolate, watching the hot liquid swirl around with the movement of my spoon. It remains on the table, as untouched as the unspoken words between us hanging in the air. "You didn't think about how I'd feel if you left."

He nods, a pained expression on his beautifully chiselled features. "I know. And that was my mistake, really. And I realise that now."

"But it's too late, Will. And not to mention everything with Ashley-"

Suddenly I'm cut off by a snort.

Looking up sharply, I'm astonished to see that he's actually laughing. And really laughing, this time. Almost crying. He's actually laughing at me?

Just as I'm about to stand up in anger, he speaks. "Ashley is a boy, Viola."

"You're gay?"

"No!" He looks up, his smile growing wider as he takes in my words. "Wasn't that time we were pressed up against each other in that cupboard enough for you to answer that question?"

"Just checking." I say, feeling the knots in my stomach unravel with relief.

Ashley is a boy. Ashley is a boy. Will is still attracted to me. Will is still attracted to me.

"Like I was saying before," He continues, taking another sip of his milkshake. "I was speaking to my friend Ashley about moving. I hadn't even thought about it, let alone confirmed that that was what I was going to do."

I sigh gently, taking in all his words. I was wrong about him. Completely wrong. And I didn't even give him a chance to explain. "I'm sorry, Will. Really."

"You don't have to say you're sorry. Anyone in your position would have done the same thing. Hell, if I'd found out that you had been thinking of moving without telling me, I'd have thrown a fit." He smirks, allowing any tension between us to disappear as I'm hit with a feeling of reprieve.

With a burst of sudden courage, I push my hand towards him, leaving it facing upwards. And then, slowly, he does the same, placing his on top of mine and at last - threading our fingers together.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Authors note: Aww they've finally reconciled....after one chapter 😂

(Shows how much I hate it when they argue lol)

Anyways, remember to vote, comment, recommend!! It will make my day!!!

Love you,