Day 5

As soon as you arrived at school, students kept their distance on you because you look like you were about to punch someone. Walking half asleep, an arm draped over you small shoulder. The smell of the cologne made you deduct that it was boy who has his arm in you. You suddenly coughed at the smell of the person and pushed whoever the person was.

“Good morning, Miyaki-chan~”

A soft voice greeted you and it was Oikawa Tooru. He smiled at you and seems like there were flowers coming out of his body. You glared at him with a dark aura in you. It was really terrifying to see you in a state like this especially that you didn’t have enough sleep last night and that fact that you look like a zombie because of the huge dark circles in your eyes.

“Aww. Did Miyaki-chan dream of me last night and didn’t have enough sleep?” He teased you as he holds pieces of your long hair in his hands and smelled it.

You’ve had enough. Not getting enough sleep last night was torture and you’re not going to let this one slip away. Raising your fists, you punched as hard as you can his stomach. Leaving him, you began to walk away and continue your half-asleep state. You heard loud shrieks from his fangilrs, immediately covering his body.

It was lunch time and you managed to get through the class without falling asleep, afraid that the teacher will send you the counselor’s office for falling asleep during class. You grabbed your bag, hanging in the side of your desk and rummaged inside for food. Feeling no rectangular box in your bag, you sighed as you remembered that you forgot to bring it.

You walked towards the school canteen to buy bread when a group of girls surrounded you.

‘Not again.’

“Hey you. We saw you earlier that you punched Oikawa-san.”

“So what?”

“You-“ They lunged at you and began to pull your hair.

Oh no. Just ruin her life or something, just not her hair. It was the hair that you inherited the color from your late grandmother. But instead of pulling their hair too, you decided to be neutral and pokerfaced on this one. Any second now, someone will come..

“OII! GIRLS! GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER!”

A loud voice was heard by them. It was no other than your friend, Tachibana. She walked towards you, leaving the girls pulling your hair scared.

Tachibana is the ace of the martial arts club. She won many competitions all over Japan, calling her a prodigy at the said sport.

“Let her go.” They didn’t respond or reacted.

“Didn’t you hear me the first time? Let her go.”

With shaking hands, they let go of your hair and began to run away from you screaming and crying their eyes out.

“Pathetic girls. Tsk. Miya-chan~ You okay?”

“Yeah. Their pulling wasn’t that hard so I leaved the talking to you earlier.”

She looked at you with confusion in her eyes.

“Wait. How did you know that I was going to look for you?”

“I forgot to bring my lunch box so I decided to buy bread from the canteen instead. And you always go to our classroom for lunch so I figured out that if I wasn’t in the classroom, you would go look for me.”

“Ohh. So that’s why. Well, I managed to bring two lunch boxes today so let’s eat!”

You smiled at your friend and began to follow her.

“So, how will you get an interview from Oikawa?” She asked you while chewing her food.

“I really don’t know.” You sighed and picked a squid one in your lunch box.

“How about blackmail him?”

“With what? I don’t even have anything against him.”

“You’re right.”

You imagined yourself blackmailing him with him baby pictures. But if his baby pictures are cute enough, it won’t work!

After school, you decided to go to the gymnasium to get information about him. As you were headed towards it, someone was running to the door and knocked you off. He looked at you all panicked and went back for you.

“Gomenasai! Gomenasai! I was kind of hurrying to the gym and accidentally hit you.” (Gomenasai means sorry)

He offered his hand and you gladly accepted it. You brushed off your skirt and smiled at him.

“No, it’s okay. It’s also my fault for not noticing that you were in a hurry and blocked where you were going.”

He scratched the back of his head with a hint of pink in his cheeks.

“OII! KINDAICHI! PRACTICE IS GOING TO START!” A spikehead one called Kindaichi. You both turned your heads towards him and he answered ‘yes’.

“Ano..”

“Miyaki Kageyama.”

“Ka-Kageyama! Are you related to Kageyama Tobio?!”

“Yep. He’s my brother.”

“But you don’t look like him at all!”

“Yeah. Well, I look like my mom.”

“Kageya-“ Before he was going to call you, you cut him off.

“Call me, Miyaki.” You smiled at him.

‘First name basis already?!’ Kindaichi thought to himself.

“It would be kind of weird if you call me Kageyama, right?”

He smiled at you and nodded with a slight embarrassment.

“Ano.. Miyaki-san, would you like to go watch our practice? I can escort you inside. I heard from the seniors that you’re going to get an interview from Oikawa-senpai.”

“Yeah! It would be great! Thanks, Kindaichi-kun!”

He scratched the back of his head again hiding him embarrassment and both of you began to walk towards the gymnasium.

As soon as both of you reached the door, everyone looked at you and a certain someone screamed.

“Miyaki-chan! Why are you with Kindaichi?!”