5.) H.A.T.E.U. (Pt 2)

Start from the beginning

"Lavar who is it?" I heard Tina say as she came in. I looked up at her and she gasped. She came and sat on the other side of me.

"Liyah, what happened?" Lavar asked, keeping his voice low as possible.

"He hit me...then he pushed me down the stairs." I whispered. Tears fell down my face as my mind replayed the incidents moments before. Lavar's face turned red and Tina me into a hug. Tina got up to in the kitchen and get me some ice for my face. I went to wipe my nose and it was then that I noticed that I was bleeding.

"Who did it?" Lavar asked through gritted teeth.

"My mom's new husband." I whispered.

The front door opened and Melo and Ashley came in. I looked down at the floor

"Eww. What's she doing here?" I heard Ashley say....but I was gonna say something back but I didn't have the energy.

"Melo.... either control that girl or get her out of here." I heard Tina say as she came back in the room.

"Yo...what happened?" I heard Melo yell.

No one said anything and then I seen him kneel in front of me.

"Liyah...what happened?" He asked me softly.

"Don't worry about it." I replied just as soft as he asked.

I heard him take the ice pack from his mother and he grabbed my hand.

"Come on. Let's go get you cleaned up."

I reluctantly, stood up and let him help me to The kitchen. Zo and Gelo looked up and dropped their forks but they remained silent.

"I want a name and I want it right now." Gelo said, breaking the silence.

Melo helped me sit on the stool at the island. He wet a rag and gently cleaned the blood off of my face, being very careful not to hurt me, as his girlfriend watched him.

Lavar entered the kitchen and whispered something to both of them and then they stood up from the table.

"We'll be back." Zo said and they bounced up out the kitchen.

Tina came back into the kitchen and took over for LaMelo but he still didn't leave my side. He wrapped his arms around me and played in my hair.  I was extremely sore and I was pretty sure that I had a black eye, possibly two.

Tina threw the bloody rag away and Melo grabbed the ice pack and held it on my eye for me, all while Ashley looked on with pure jealousy.

"You don't take care of me like that...." she spat out.

"Melo, son, I done told you once to control that little girl or get her up out of here."

"Ashley chill out bro, Seriously."

"No! Why is she so special?"

"She's my friend and I walk in and see her bruised and bleeding and limping. I'm just trying to make sure that she's okay."