Chapter 9

A/N: Chapter 9 is up. Slightly a filler chapter but important things pop up. Be open minded and think why those things happened.

Dedicating this chapter to... Purple0808 . Thanks for the comments :) Really push me to write po. Just wicked. Absolutely wicked. Thanks Purps ;)

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------      

        “Thanks”, I said to Yeng as she handed me a cup of Grandé Latte.

         She sat across me and silently looked at me. Her eyes however said it all. She was beaming from ear to ear eager to spill out whatever she had on mind. Her mouth seemed to be stitched up but one quick pull of the loose thread and she would start yapping.

         I smiled back at her, settling my cup down on the table. I knew what she was going to say but I wanted her to tell me. “Ok. Tell me.”

         She quickly clutched my hand nearly knocking my coffee in the process and let out a shriek that Ian and her have started dating. I was not stunned upon hearing the news; I was instead left open-mouthed because of how she managed to squeeze hundred words in a matter of second! This girl never fails to amaze me. I laughed how she was getting spasm attacks but it was satisfying to see them having a relationship.

         “Are you okay?”, she furrowed her eyebrows.

         “Oo naman. So happy for you two.”, I said sipping my coffee.

         She shook her head and put her chin on her palms resting on the table. “But your face say otherwise Sarz”

         “Hindi naman”, I toldher.

         “Come on Sarz. You’re an open book, no offence meant. I know you’re happy for me… or us. But there is something else bothering you”, she said coolly.

         I took a deep breath and was contemplating whether to tell her but I did anyway, “I don’t know. I am just having doubts of my relationship with Sam now. Like last Saturday, he promised that he’d come but I did not see his shadow anywhere”.

         She looked at me then shifted her gaze in space as if trying to think hard. “Actually I think Sam was there.”

         I raised an eyebrow at her, “Really?”

         “Yeah he was definitely there. Ian and I saw his red car… uhm… Mustang right? Kaya we thought you and him gone home already.”

         I shook my head. “It could be him. But if you think about it Yeng hindi lang naman si Sam ang mayroong ganoon, right?”

         She rolled her eyes, “Sarz sa buong Metro Manila few people can only afford those! But yeah… yeah you are right there is a possibility that it was not him nga. So how did you get home then?”

         I took another sip to buy some time and think whether to tell her what really happened. Gerald told me everything yesterday on our way back to my house after that slight hiccup we had of missing the junction. I was not really sure if I could tell Yeng especially I might miss a lot of important details plus just thinking of what could have happened to me if Gerald had not come make me agitated and… look just stupid. How can I ever forget the Number 1 rule? Never accept drinks from a stranger. But I was so naïve to fell for one… just plain stupid.

         “It is okay if you don’t want to tell me”, Yeng said with a sad look in her eyes.

         I closed my eyes to clear my mind out and debate quickly whether to tell her. “I will. Pero we should not talk about it here. Come to my place after school?”