chapter one

It had officially been 2 months since Mitch was locked up.

She was secluded in a tiny living space with absolutely nothing to do, other than to think about what she's done to get herself there. Mitch avoided that in the first month by yelling at walls, at times she would kick and punch but it would just leave her bruised and sad. After every episode she ultimately ended up on the floor, sobbing uncontrollably and wanting to go home to her family.

No prisoner ever knew when they would get their hearing, they would send the guards and hear you out at random. Although it was random, Mitch knew she would get her hearing soon, everyone knew the worst crimes were quick. They wanted to get the worst criminals out of their stations as fast as they could.

While Mitch stood under her window, glancing at the stars, the door to her cell opened, catching her attention. "Prisoner 278, face the wall" a guard spoke while two more stood behind him. Mitch turned herself around to face them and raised her hands, doing as they said "I'm getting claustrophobic with this amount of people in my tiny cell, can you guys back off a little?" She joked until the guard grabbed her wrist very suddenly and tightly. "Hold still" he stated firmly, clearly annoyed. "What the hell are you doing? What is that?" Mitch questioned as her gaze fell upon a weird metal wristband in his hands. "I'm not going to miss all your agonizing questions" the guard murmured. The sudden look on the guard's face told Mitch that he didn't mean to say it aloud but that was his mistake and Mitch was prepared to take full advantage of it.

Mitch took the wristband from his grasp and gripped the guard's arm and spun it around, making the guard do the same with his body while he groaned in pain from the sudden attack. Raising her leg, she kicked him forward with all the force she managed to collect, throwing him onto one of the other guards. "Stay where you are!" the last guard shouted as he retrieved his stun baton, holding it awkwardly while she cracked a smile. Mitch hurled the wristband above his head bringing him to duck and cover while she kicked at his abdomen, pushing him back enough for his back to hit the wall behind him. She should've taken the baton after tasing the last guard with it but in matters of life and death, Mitch wasn't the best with planning. She managed to get out of her cell and ran down the hall of the detention center where all the prisoners were kept.

Mitch stopped and looked over the ledge, seeing tons of kids being taken out of their cells. She knew this was way too many people for a hearing and there was only one reason why they would be gathering up so many people. There were way too many guards for her to get away, and if she got away- there was nowhere to go. She was stuck in space.

Turning away from the ledge, she was stopped by the one and only, Marcus Kane. "Oh, fu-" Mitch blurted before feeling her muscles contract, she quickly lost control of her own body and fell to her knees as the voltage grew slightly. She felt her body hit the floor and stopped shaking, her vision blurred and the last thing she saw was Kane kneeling beside her before she drifted off.

___

The bumpy flight and her name being called woke Mitch, her eyes have never felt heavier and it made it difficult for her to make out where she was. "Mitch" she heard a familiar voice, but couldn't make out the echo. The fast movement she made while trying to get familiar with her surroundings, made her body ache from the stun she got on the ark. "Prisoners of the Ark, hear me now" she heard a voice in the distance, making her more confused. It felt like a dream to her, but the pain was too real for her to handle, especially on her wrist. Mitch looked down and noticed the bracelet one of the guards had, was gripped around her wrist. It almost felt like a hundred needles jabbing into her skin, or at least 10 normal-sized needles. "You've been given a second chance, and as your chancellor, I hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself" She heard more clearly as a couple of people in front of her caught her attention.