*•.¸♡ Chapter 1: Don't Kill My Vibe ♡¸.•*

Start from the beginning

"Why? I thought that was what you call guys who can perform magic?" He chuckled in a carefree manner which only served to further tick me off for some unknown reason.

"If you had let me finish I would have told you that warlock actually means oath breaker. It is an insult to call any witch male or female a warlock. Second no I am not in the same league as mere witches," I cross my arms and rolled my eyes. I was a lot stronger than any witch, after all, I did come from Ashton. 'Wait...would that...make him my father?' I begin wondering to myself and decided I would just ask him myself when I went back there.

Mr. Midget's hands bring me out of my thoughts, I look down and shake my head before turning away and walking once more. He, of course, follows without fail "wait! What are you exactly?"

I pull Mr. Midget in the direction of a park nearby. "Humans never change, do they? Always curious. Always trying to reach for knowledge and when they do find it they're afraid," I begin rambling on about human nature.

"What are you talking about? That's not true! Not all humans are afraid," he begins protesting against what I've said. It wasn't surprising. Humans always thought they wouldn't overreact. They create scenarios in their heads about how they would react in any given situation but when the time comes they freeze up. It's quite a small percentage that does act the way they think they will.

Then again all humans want to be special in some way. They try to find ways to set themselves apart from the millions of other small specks. Another way to give their life meaning. Humans create yet self-destruct. They are a paradox of their own. If only they learned.

"Maybe not all but even the bravest of you are afraid of something. They just never like to acknowledge or admit to it." I shrug and stop right in front of a bench and gesture to it. He slowly takes a seat after I sit down and cross my left leg over my right. "So how old are you kid?" I ask with a sly smirk. It visibly irritated him as a reference to his height be made.

"I'm 17 but my birthday's in two days so I'll be 18 then. I am not a kid," he growled once more. "I hope my mate isn't irritating like you..." he mumbled more to himself though I was able to hear it perfectly fine. I thought about it for a second and realized that at age 18 most werewolves were able to find their mate.

"Only a kid would say they're not a kid~" I teased him a little. "As for a mate, of course, you won't find them irritating. We're talking about someone you'll love for the rest of your life right?" I pause for a second and groan "why am I still talking to you? I've got stuff to do before I go back to Ashton" I remind myself aloud and stand up.

"Wait...Ashton? Ashton Reds?" Mr. Midget stands up and looks around "as in alpha of the Royal Blood pack, Nathaniel Dashwood's mate?" He smiles happily. I slowly nod and he takes my hand "well why did t you say you knew them earlier?" It was almost scary how his attitude changed in an instant.

"Midget...calm down. Ashton and I have a complicated story which I will not be explaining" I roll my eyes and pull my hand back in disgust. "Do you know Nathan?" I ask out of pure curiosity, not that I would act on it of course.

"Yeah, he's my cousin actually. I'm of a different pack because his mom's sister became my father's mate. My father is the alpha of the Scarlet Creek pack. Much like the Royal Blood pack, we oversee all packs in Europe. The two packs used to be one but decided to split so that both hemispheres wouldn't be left without leaders. We hold a meeting each year" Mr. Midget explains in full detail. I was amazed at the fact I hadn't heard about it at all. Then again, I never did ask and there were plenty of other more important things to worry about.

"I see. Well, it was not a pleasure to meet you midget. See you never" I give him the brightest smile I can bring forth and turn away from him. As I take a few steps forward I hear his footsteps right behind me. This guy just doesn't quit, does he? "What do you want?" I groan and stop walking again.

"I want to know how you know them!" He says in a 'duh' tone. Is this child serious? He is so not treating me like an idiot.

"Fine" I turn and summarize the events that took place while I was inside Ashton's body. As I spoke Mr. Midget's face was serious and attentive, which almost made him look like an alpha. That must be the reason I wavered when he glared. Damned alphas. Always thinking they're better than everyone.

Ha! That's rich! If anything they can't go a day without their mate once they find them. Can they really be that strong if one person can make them so weak? I'm glad I don't have to deal with that weakening make-belief feeling humans call love.

It's only a weakness. Why weaken yourself when you can be perfectly happy without romantic love? Mates only complicate things. I've seen that first hand with Ashton and Nathan. "That's pretty much it," I shrug after I explain it all.

"Wow...that...why the hell didn't Nathan call me?" He sighed heavily "I guess he was pretty busy with all that huh..." he nods, an almost silent forgiveness is visible.

"Now I'm really leaving. Unless you want anything else you midget" I cross my arms and he shakes his head.

"Actually wait. I can show you around if you'd like. I know the place pretty well" he shrugs with a smile. Honestly, his smile creeped me out for some reason. I guess after all the fighting I wasn't used to him trying to be pleasant.

"I guess it couldn't hurt," I say as I finally give in. He takes my hand and leads me down a small hidden path. "You haven't told me your name yet," I mumbled as I followed. I knew he would hear me perfectly fine even if I did mumble. He's a werewolf after all.

"Derek. It means gifted ruler. My last name's Arion" he says proudly while puffing out his chest and raising up his chin. It almost made me laugh. It was almost as if I was seeing a child proudly display his artwork which truly had no real talent yet everyone was amazed by it. "What about you?" He asks, looking back at me.

"Carey. It means dark. I don't have a last name," I say before we reach a small lake. It was a truly beautiful sight. The crystal clear water took in the sun's rays and reflected them perfectly. It created actual sparkling water. "Wow..." I mumble, amazed.

Derek nods "I know right?" He pulls me slightly over and I can feel my face grow hot at how close we are. I clear my throat but no words come out after that. Derek smirks "Carey~" he purrs, I swallow hard "I hope you can swim!" He jumps in, pulling me along with him.

I couldn't swim at all. I hadn't learned. Besides, in this body I could barely walk, swimming was impossible. The water had no chance to invade my lungs because Derek was already pulling me up. He held me close "you idiot! I could've died!" I cough and splash him with my right hand.

"I realized that..." he pauses and I raise my right eyebrow while narrowing my eyes "after I pulled you." I hadn't realized we were so close until I begin to notice the fact his hot breath is caressing my face.

"Take me to the edge now," I say in a commanding tone. He smirks and shakes his head, pulling me closer. "That's enough...I don't know what you're trying to pull here but it's not working," I roll my eyes and try to stand my ground.

Derek stares at me for a while "I'm not trying to pull anything~" he says innocently. Of course, that's what you would call a wolf in sheep's clothing. He was faking innocence before devouring the sheep. That sheep was me and the wolf...was Derek.

I couldn't deny there was a certain attraction but at the same time, I wanted it to slap him. I splash more water on him and he laughs "fine!" He takes me to the edge and I get out.

"Great, now my clothes are wet..." as I'm about to snap my fingers to dry he stops me. I look back at him, glaring daggers "what?"

"How about you come to my house and you can shower and I can give you clothes? I can make us something to eat" he suggests with a slight shrug. I wasn't sure if it was kindness or for he was only trying to irritate me. Either way, I was a little hungry...and I didn't want to perform magic on an empty stomach.

"Fine..." I trail off, still unsure about the whole thing.