Chapter Two

I thought maybe a good nights sleep would do the trick. I have never been more wrong in my life. I was awoken to screaming in my living room and my phone flowing with notifications. I unplug my phone and jump out of my bed to see the commotion in the living room.

As I walk in, I see Kyle, who somehow got into my apartment, standing at the door staring at someone on the other side. I walk closer and the someone gets taller and becomes more recognizable.  Standing at my doorway is Crow Brennan.

"Dude just let me in." Crow keeps trying to step in to the apartment but Kyle in unmovable.

"Absolutely not. How do I know you're THE Crow Brennan? You could be some random dude in a denim jacket and a cute beanie." Kyle crosses his arms.

"You SCREAMED when you opened the door. I'm pretty sure you know it's me." Crow rolls his eyes but still doesn't notice me. "Look dude, here's my tattoos." He pulls up his denim sleeves and looks up at Kyle then notices me. 

" I don't believe you." Kyle rolls his eyes.

"Move you prick." I grab his arm and pull him out of the way. "Who gave you my address?" 

"I don't know. Some chick who knows you. I think her name is like Pringles or some shit." 

"PENELOPE?" I cross my arms and roll my eyes.

"Yeah her. She was oddly okay with giving me your address. Nice place by the way." He looks around me, finally being able to see inside due to my lack of height. I roll my eyes and open the door and give him room to walk in. As he walks in, he looks at every decoration and every little part of my apartment. 

"Why'd you come here?" I sit down and pat the seat beside me and he sits on the chair opposite me. 

"Did you really just ask me that?" He leans his arms on his legs and shakes his head. 

"Right. Sorry. Were you honestly THAT intrigued by it?" 

"Hell yeah I was. That shit is dope. I'm on some girls list of people she wants to fuck." He smiles.

"I made that in high school Crow. I changed...a little." I look away and start to bite my nails. 

"Come on, it's not that bad. It's actually pretty dope. I mean if you wanna-" 

"Okay goodbye." I stand up and pull him off the chair. I realize that Kyle was listening from the kitchen the whole time. He waves his eyebrows at me and I flip him off while pushing Crow to the door. 

"Look I'm sorry. I was joking." Crow waves his hands around trying to get me to stop pushing him towards the door. 

"Yup." I open the door as he asks for my phone real quick. I'm hesitant at first but soon hand him my phone. Under not even a minute, I hear his phone ding with a text message he sent from my phone. He gives me my phone back and says, "Goodnight Marianne." and walks out the door. I shut it and turn around and see Kyle staring at me with his eyes practically falling out of his head. I ignore him and flop on the couch, sighing.