Investigation

Começar do início

Before she could breathe completely, the anklets chimed above her head making her choke

Before she could breathe completely, the anklets chimed above her head making her choke. She wiped her forehead with her back of her palms and shifted her sight to the ceiling.
All the senses prorogated.

Clunging to the pillar was the same person in the yakshagana outfit. He spread his arms and legs wide as he swooped in the air towards her.

"Vihaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- - - - -

The village was hit by a terrible storm when a vehicle pulled over by Kamarottu's dainty police station.

"Take a break Mister. Sir will arrive soon."

Vihaan banged the table fisting both his hands.
"Is it so difficult to register a complaint? I've been telling you this is urgent! Why isn't the situation sinking into that brain of yours!" he bawled in front of the heedless policeman. Soon he felt a sting on his cheek and with the support of the wall faced a man who was almost his height and a few years elder than him.
His hair and coat was drenched in the rainwater and the rage in his eyes was evident.

"There are three things that annoy me! One, calling me here when I'm off duty. Two, shouting in my station and three, questioning me regarding my--" he barked.

"Listen Inspector--"

"No one should interrupt when I am talking!" he raised his finger at Vihaan.
"Constable, go get me a tea!" he ordered pulling his chair. Snapping his fingers, he signalled Vihaan to take a seat opposite to him.
"Yes, you! Come here." he repeated.
"Tell me what your problem is."

"My wife is missing. She's pregnant. Almost eight months."

"From how many days?" he asked still writing something on a few papers.

"Nearly two hours."

The inspector lifted his head and frowned staring at him. In a few seconds, he cackled clapping his hands surprising Vihaan.
"Do I look like a fool? If I start taking cases like this, we'd have to open a separate counter. Go home man! She might be at her friend or relative's house."

"There's no one she knows here. Besides, she wasn't in a condition to even walk."

Cleaning his ear with the end of a pen, "Have any jewels, money or valuables been misplaced?"

"No."

"Do the furniture, windows or doors look mishandled?"

"No."

"Then how can register this case Mister? If she can't walk, maybe someone has taken her out."

"Didn't I just tell we don't know anyone in this place!" he pushed away from the table.

"Hey! I said, no shouting! I don't like that."

Vihaan inhaled to calm himself.
"OK, listen. Two days back, someone fired a bullet at me. Go interrogate him."