Chapter 1

*Chapter 1*

My life is ruined! My mom decided she wanted to start her life over since my dad died 6 months ago. I'm moving from Naples, Florida to smack dab in the middle of nowhere Hastings, Nebraska. I mean couldn't we move to Tampa or somewhere in California or Las Vegas?

*Flashback*

"Jordan! Please come here I have something to tell you." My mom had yelled in a sing song voice that she hadn't used since dad died. I ran from my room to the dinning room, where she was sitting at the table.

"Yes, mom?"

"I want to know how many suitcases you have."

"Why? Are we going on vacation?"

"Not quite." She said it slowly.

"Well why?"

"Because you're moving."

"WHAT?!? WHAT ABOUT ALL MY FRIENDS? AND THE PARTY THIS SUMMER? AND PROM? WHAT ABOUT PROM? AND SCHOOL? GOD, I FINALLY GET A BOYFRIEND AND PROM DATE AND YOU DICIED THAT I HAVE TO MOVE? AND YOUR NOT GOING, GOD?!?" I was yelling all of this. "What about school?" I was calming down a little.

"Well you can always make new friends, and have parties with them. Where as for school, I've registered for you to go to Hastings High School. Home of the tigers. They have a great cheerleading program."

"Well, then. Who am I staying with?"

She gulped at this. "Your older brother." She had said it very slowly waiting for my reaction.

"I HAVE AN OLDER BROTHER?!?" I said in shock.

"Um, yes, well, see, I didn't want a baby boy so your father let me give him up for adoption."

"I have an older brother and you didn't tell me? Why?"

"Because you're my princess and I didn't want you worrying that I would give you up for adoption."

"Oh." was all I could say.

*Flashback over*