two

Phil
"you're a quick one, aren't you?" i retort back.
i can see the boy shrink away, suddenly scared. i realize how stupid i must look. a boy with black everything- hair, clothes, soul - crying tears that are probably silver because of the stupid eyeliner i put on.
this isn't what i normally look like.
"i'm dan howell. and you are..?" he smiles and i feel something in my stomach. nausea, probably. i have been hiding in the men's bathroom for an hour.
"crying on the inside."
he laughs nervously, more like a titter, and i don't know how to react. was that funny? i didn't mean it to be.
"and my name is phil, too."
"oh, great! and may i ask why you're sitting on the floor of-"
"the men's bathroom at 2AM on a saturday afternoon?"
dan laughs again. his smile makes his whole face light up. or maybe not, and i'm just too drunk.
drunk, drunk, drink- i need a drink.
do i really?
this boy can't let me think.
"look, you're cute and all, but leave me alone, please," i say, and dan looks up at me strangely.
his eyes are a deep chocolate brown, and for a second i think it's like fire, because i want to get close to them but i know it'll hurt me.
"i'm cute?" he says, smiling, and i feel my whole face go red. i should stop drinking that much. it's all getting to my head.
"yeah. want my phone number?"