Magnus seemed as surprised as Alec.

“I’ve never heard that before.”, he mumbled confused.
“So what is your type then?”, he smiled at Aileen again.

Aileen shrugged her shoulders.

“First of all, that’s none of your business.”, she grinned and flicked her hair.

Magnus stared at her. It didn’t seem to happen very often, that somebody rejected him.

“So what is wrong with me?”, Magnus asked distracted.

“You should try some kindness and patience. Just like Alec here! That’s a better way to get a girl.”, Aileen smiled.

Alec blushed, he did not want to get a girl.

“So Alexander is your type? I mean… I can understand. He is pretty handsome though. Even if he does not know how to dress.”, Magnus smirked and eyed Alec from head to toe.

Alec blushed even more. He wanted to say something but he couldn’t.

“Oh no. Alec isn’t my type either. Non of this guys here is.”, Aileen sighed.

Magnus started grinning again.

“Oh, I understand. I’m glad, that there is nothing wrong with me then.”, he said and got a drink from a guy, that had flirted with him.

“If you’ll excuse me. See you later Alexander.”, he grinned and followed the guy.

Alec followed him with his eyes and looked away quickly, as Magnus grabbed the guy and pressed him to a wall to kiss him.

“Who the hell was that?”, Aileen asked.

“My roommate.”, Alec confessed and looked at his feet.

“Oh … my deepest sympathy.”, Aileen mumbled.

“He isn’t that bad … I hope.”, Alec tried to cheer himself up.

“Anyways. What did you mean by this guys aren’t your type?”, he asked to change the topic.

Aileen grinned.

“Oh Alec. You are still so naive. I’m into girls.”, she smirked.

Alec’s jaw dropped.

“You’re what?”, he asked a little shocked.

He knew Aileen for his whole life and she never said anything. On the other hand he didn’t either so he could not blame her.

Aileen laughed.

“Is that so shocking? You know how our parents are. I could not come out at home. But I’ll take college as a new chance. I decided to be completely open with my sexuality and everything.”, she smiled.

Alec blushed. His plan had been the same but he could not do that. He just … he wasn’t ready jet.

“That’s awesome, Aileen.”, he answered and tried to stay positive.

Why was he so yellow? Why could he not just say it? Say that he was …

“Aileen!”

A voice distracted him from his thoughts.

“Cat, hey, how are you?”, Aileen greeted a black girl with dark curly hair.

“I’m good. Who’s your handsome companion?”, the girl asked and pointed at Alec.

Alec blushed … again. He could have slapped himself. He was not even interested in girls so why went his face red when they complimented him. It was just stupid.

“Oh. This is Alec. We knew each other since we were born. Our parents are friends.”, Aileen explained.

“Oh and this is Catarina, she’s my roommate.”, she told Alec.

Alec shook the other girls hand.

“Nice to meet you.”, he said kindly.

“Yeah you too.”, Catarina grinned.

“Catarina!”

A loud voice made Cat flinch. She turned around slowly.

“My dear Magnus. How can I help you this time?”, she asked calmly and Alec stared at Magnus who had appeared behind her.

“I take it as a personal insult that you have not told me, that you've already arrived.”, Magnus babbled pouting as he hugged her. He was definitely drunk.

“You know I don’t have to tell you everything that’s going on in my life.”, Catarina smiled.

How did they know each other?

Magnus wrapped one arm over Catarina’s shoulder to stabilize himself and eyed Alec.

“How do you know my roommate?”, he asked Catarina without leaving his gaze from Alec.

“You are Magnus’ roommate?”, Cat asked Alec.

Alec nodded.

“Poor guy.”, she smirked.

“Hey!”, Magnus pouted.

Cat smiled at him.

“So you did not lie. He’s actually handsome.”, Cat gazed at Alec again.

Magnus smiled and looked at Alec too.

“Told ya!”, he grinned.

Alec blushed. He wished he could disappear in the ground or something to get out of this uncomfortable situation.

“Why do you two know each other?”, Aileen changed the topic and Alec sighed in relief.

“We went to school together.”, Catarina smiled.

“And since then we are best friends!”, Magnus wrapped his arms around Catarina and squeezed her whole body, Alec thought she might just break in the middle.

“You’re drunk, Magnus! If you’re behaving like this I don’t want to be recognized as your best friend!”, Cat laughed and pushed herself away from Magnus.

“I know you love me too!”, Magnus grinned drunk and Alec couldn’t help himself but smile. Magnus was damn cute when he was drunk.

Catarina laughed and let Magnus hug her again.

“And you are still drunk.”, she mentioned.

“So?”, Magnus asked.

“This is not a good first impression in front of your new roommate.”, Catarina pointed at Alec.

Magnus eyed Alec skeptical.

“I tried to hit on his lesbian friend over there. Time for good first impression is over.”, Magnus pointed at Aileen.

“True.”, Aileen grinned.

Catarina stared at her in shock.

“God, I’m so sorry. He can be such a jerk when he is drunk.”, Catarina apologized.

Alec followed the conversation without saying anything. He did not want to pour the attention at him.

“I think you should go to sleep. You have to get up early tomorrow.”, Catarina said to Magnus.

Magnus shook his head.

“I forgot the key code.”, Magnus grinned.

“Oh then I’ll ask your roommate.”, Catarina smirked.

“Don’t tell her, Alexander!”, Magnus begged dramatically.

Alec blushed.

“I wanted to leave this party anyway.“, he shrugged his shoulders.

Catarina smiled.

“So you can take him!”, she decided and pushed Magnus towards him.

“I hate you, Catarina.”, Magnus pouted and grabbed Alec’s wrist. He pulled him through the crowd.

Alec did not know what to do so he let him.