Amarok

Amarok's P.O.V

I look over to the female wolf sleeping silently next to me. I see her stir a little as an eye opens just a smidgen. 

"My name is Amaork." I say.

I can hear her mumble a little. 

"Nandi." she answers back.

"So if you don't mind me asking but what happened back there?" I ask.

I see her scootch away from me a little.

"Oh Im.." she cut me off and spoke. 

"The eastern wolves visited us last night. It wasnt a sweet visit. They brought death and destruction with them. A fire was brought down upon us by their alpha Yuko, The fire wolf. He howled a breath of raging anger." She turned her head away from me. I saw a tear crash onto the earth. 

"You dont have to countinue if you dont..." 

"No i must." She interrupted. 

"After he created the fire my wolves were unable to move as they were stuck frozen in their places from fear. I tried to save as many as possible. My goal was to save the children and those who were strong. Parents risked their life for their kids only for them to burn with them..."

She paused as i could see her grit her teeth and shedded more tears,  one by one.

"I was the only to make since i have my wings...After you saved me i had a dream. One of my dearest pack members  Lisz. She was...my little sister." She let go. She burst into tears at her lastt words. I decided to walk over to her and lay down next to her. I spread my left wing and layed across her body. She turned her head and cried in my chest.

"No more. You dont have to say no more. We will talk later. just rest." I soothed her as best as i could. Soon after we slowly drifted off to sleep. 

     I opened my eyes slowly. I look to where Nandi was and saw she wasnt there and my wing was laying on the ground. I hoped to my feet and looked around. As i turned around me i saw Nandi sitting by the stream a few feet away from where we layed. Her head was hung low and she was starring at the crystal blue water. I slowly approached her.

"Nandi?" I whispered. 

She slowly liftd her head up a little and looked at me to immediately put it back down. 

"hey Amarok." 

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"The things i said last night.. about losing...' She paused.

I walked closer to her and sa down next to her. She stood on all four and turned away from me.

"Im sorry. I must go." She whispered.

I didnt say anything so i just sat there looking at the water. 

"Goodbye Amarok. Thank you.' She said and with that she took off running.