1

'I don't get why mom loves this book so much ' Ashley thought to herself, flipping through the pages of the book her mom, Sarah, gave her.  She remembered her mom reading it to her as a child , but now she simply felt to old for fairytales, especially ones with goblins and kingdoms.

she was home alone again, her mom out getting groceries and honestly she had no idea where her dad was, he left yeas ago saying Sarah was delusional, always talking about some old friend called Hoggle, but her dad disagreed , stating that there was no one with such a name. Well i mean of course not. Yet her mom kept on talking about him, Sarah told her all about their adventures when she was a child, like how they saved her uncle Toby from Jareth , the goblin king.

she loved hearing those stories, they where so detailed, its like she really was there. But as she grew older she realized that there are no such things as goblins, talking doors or helping hands. her mom got it all from her book, the book in her hands , Labyrinth.

Ashley sighed and put the book down on her old, worn out desk, tapping her fingers and running her hands through her hair, she was tired, extremely tired. flopping back onto her bed ,Ashley closed her eyes, drifting off until she lay unconscious, not hearing her mom open the door.

"Ashley Jones!" Sarah yelled , coming into Ashley's room. looking around at the mess. "I thought you where going to clean this up!" Ashley sat up and sighed , rubbing her eyes. "Mom , i'm tired, please!" they continued fighting like this for what may have been minutes but felt like hours.

Sarah had stormed off to the kitchen and Ashley had followed her. "why do you make it such a big deal!?" Ash asked her mother, Sarah looked back at her "You know what , i wish all those stories you tell are true." Ashley said whilst walking away. "You should be careful what you wish for." her mom replied, pain in her eyes .

Ashley slammed her bedroom door. "And i wish the goblins would take you away , right now' she yelled

Silence fell over the house, Ash got a strange feeling and decided to check on her mother. "Mom? Im sorry okay, i didn't mean it."
"Oh you didn't?" She heard a slightly deep yet feminine voice with a prominent British accent. "Who are you?" Ashley asked , frightened yet mainly intrigued.

"The goblin king, my dear."

Ashley looked 'the goblin king' up and down , wearing a white shirt with wide sleeves, a black short corset, tight black pants and black heeled boots. They had long dirty blond hair and one bright green eye and one which was dilated , with dramatic eye makeup.

"No offence, but I thought the goblin king was , you know, male?" Ashley asked.
"Who said i am not , i could be male, female or even both, what difference does it make?" He walked passed the kitchen counter and over to Ash. Placing his small , gloved hand under her chin. "I say, you do look exactly like your mother" Ashley slapped his hand away. "What did you do with her?" He walked back behind Ash , his hand on his hip while his other hung loose.

He didn't answer, he just looked around at the house. "Tell me!"
He smirked, walking back over to Ash, but instead of replying he snapped his fingers. Suddenly Ashley wasn't in her kitchen , in her world if she's honest, she now stood in a rusty coloured landscape, it looked lifeless.

"She's up there, in my castle." The goblin king pointed to a large castle that faded into the horizon. "You have 13 hours to get through my labyrinth or lose your mother forever , you will be my slave."
Ashley was now terrified, she hoped she was dreaming, but it was all too real.

"Or..." the goblin king spoke
"You can take this." He snapped his fingers and a gorgeous crystal ball appeared in his hands , he rolled it around making it look like magic before throwing it up in the air.
"What is it?" Ashley asked.
"It's everything and nothing, its all your dreams and all you could wish for, take it and you'll forget all about this." Ashley stared at it for a while before turning around to face the castle. "No! I'm going to get my mom." The goblin king raised his eyebrow. "Fine , but don't take your time for granted" he said pointing to a clock that now hung from a tree.

"Wait how do i get in?" Ashley asked , but when she turned he had disappeared.